Game of Thrones premiers tonight at 9pm on HBO

I know HBO is different but its nice to know they renewed it already.

They dont fuck around as of late, and im glad to reward them for it unlike other networks that can everything before it even has a chance, and wonder why they can never grow an audiance.

already picked up for a second season, woooooo

AWESOME!

I hadn't heard so I googled it. They were happy with the 2.2 million viewers at the 9pm slot and the 4.2 total of the 3 back to back to back airings so they greenlit the Clash of Kings season 2!

!!!

The first was obvious, but the second was less so. Broke my heart when he died under that oak.

Spoiler

Just put the audiobook on your iPod, press play and go about your day. 33hrs later you've read Game of Thrones. Start the second book and 37 hours later you've finished that, 44hrs for the 3rd and 39 hours for the forth. Its a great way to spend boring drives for hours.

Did NGFM get a nick change?

I know HBO is different but its nice to know they renewed it already.

They dont fuck around as of late, and im glad to reward them for it unlike other networks that can everything before it even has a chance, and wonder why they can never grow an audiance.

I'm happy to pay $13 a month for good television.
I get so pissed with the big 4 networks quickness to cancel something if it's not top in it's time slot in under three episodes.

GoT premiered to 2.2 mil that grew to 4.2

Boardwalk Empire premiered to 7.1 mil

ya but i read the reason behind this is Boardwalk Empire was advertised hardcore all summer on True Blood and Entourage their biggest shows. Plus it was advertised as a Scorsese show.

I watch HBO daily and didndt know what this premiered until the week of, because I didn't give a fuck about big love or that titanic actress's mini series. So people just dont know its on, as they haven't been looking at HBO on Sunday.

ya but i read the reason behind this is Boardwalk Empire was advertised hardcore all summer on True Blood and Entourage their biggest shows. Plus it was advertised as a Scorsese show.

I watch HBO daily and didndt know what this premiered until the week of, because I didn't give a fuck about big love or that titanic actress's mini series. So people just dont know its on, as they haven't been looking at HBO on Sunday.

to be honest, they've run a pretty big advertising campaign here in NYC for game of thrones .

Don't know how boardwalk did in keeping viewers

as someone who had never really even heard of the books before hearing about this tv series, i thought 1st episode was pretty lame.

too many same-old same-old characters and nothing meaningful happened other than a marriage and some other boring shit

but the first 5 minutes were decent and i liked the intro

also i don't really want to give it a big chance bc its inevitable that if the show ever really gets moving hbo is going to take 2 yrs between each season and then just abruptly cancel it

i feel like they should have jumpstarted the series with a movie-length episode at least

okay

I'm gonna reneg and give the series an "okay"

Some scenes will be either fucking amazing or fucking terrible. I've heard the critics say These first few episodes suck and it picks up in 5th-6th.

GoT premiered to 2.2 mil that grew to 4.2

Boardwalk Empire premiered to 7.1 mil

I find the whole business side very intriguing and I'm going to go off on a tangent here.

They, HBO, do have a very interesting dynamic/business model when you think about it. Having to entice viewers to pay $13 a month and movies are much less of a draw these days.

They are always going to have crime/cop and comedy shows. They're relatively easy to make, have a wide audience appeal, and they already have fans of this genre's $13. So, if they want more market share they have to expand into other entertainment factions.

It's interesting to me that they went into high fantasy to try and pull in more viewers. (They tested the waters of fantasy with True Blood) I thought for sure they go sci-fi or even crime/sci-fi e.g. an X-Files type of show before going high fantasy.

But as a fantasy fan I think they made an excellent choice. By and large the fantasy market is extremely untapped in movies/shows, and usually when it is tapped into it turns into a huge joke. However, when it's done right they go on to become unbeatable franchises; Lord of the Rings, Harry Potter, Star Wars, the only thing that can come close to these in the non-high fantasy is probably James Bond.

Anyways, just some of my musings. It will be interesting to see how it all plays out and if this encourages HBO to take other leaps into different factions for an even wider overall audience. I'd looove an HBO x-files type show.

True Blood had less than 1.5 million viewers when it first came out and it's now pulling 2-3 times that number. Apparently it's the most popular show HBO has done since the Sopranos.

Game of Thrones is gonna be a slow burn that will have the plot pieces come together over multiple seasons. Hopefully the ratings will continue to go up over time.

The Hound is alive. Odds are he leaps out and saves Podrick Payne and Bridgitte right when they are about to die.

Spoiler

I don't know shit about this show or what it's supposed to be about, but I didn't care for the first episode

even with sean bean and the lena headey

Back