[Game] grepolis

Blitzkrieg

Veteran XV
Grepolis - The browser game set in Antiquity

This is to separate out from the other thread, Tribalwars.net... Any one interested? by telos - Page 8 - TribalWar Forums

We can discuss tactics, strategy, etc. here.

I'm on test server, I can tell you this, farm like crazy, build as many swordsman as possible to farm.

DO NOT FARM if mood is < 80% in a farm village. You might lose your troops.

Later on, when you can afford to, work with fellow TW on boosting farm strength closest to each other. Higher strength = less mood loss. Mood increase takes time so you want to minimize mood loss in the long run to maximize farm/loot income.

Join the alpha world (1st world) game in SW direction, message FargoBear for an invite. channel #grepolis is setup if you want to drop by.

254 players in our group so far and growing. Make sure you read the Help subforum for guides, tips, hints on how to play the game.

Last edited:
hmmm
is this the one where each island has one 'mineral' type thing, and you have to trade with others to get other resources?

no, you farm village, as far as I can tell, you get all 3 resources but the ratio will be "random"

The farming system is different from tribalwars.net You only get 8 villages per island = less manual farming than tribalwars.net = less time consumption. However, you need to be smarter and manage the farm. It pays to work together, if everyone farm the villages to their heart's content, soon the strength will be so low, you get huge mood loss + barely any resources from those farms. It's a classic prisoner's dilemma game theory situation.

In the beginning, try to get a barrack asap. Barrack need senate level 4 and farm level 4.

After you get a barrack, start build swordsman, build 50 swordsman as fast as you can to help with farming. I'll give better farming guide later.

As far as resources, build up only wood & silver, ignore stone in the beginning as you will have a lot of excess stone from farming. Build up warehouse & farm when you need to store all your loot + building more swordsman.

Last edited:
any noob shield? 8 npc villages aka farms per island? what about real people's towns per island?

I started the TribalWar alliance... bunch of guys from the-west don't seem to want to fly the TW flag though.

Interesting, sounds weird but since its islands what do you use to go from island to island or to invade it / what ever you do.

Interesting, sounds weird but since its islands what do you use to go from island to island or to invade it / what ever you do.

You need to build a harbor, then research to build ships in the academy, build ships, then invade. It'll take a while for that to happen though.

[strike]Eventually you can build a harbor to build fleets and invasion forces for taking other cities. The harbor can only be built by very developed cities.[/strike]

Edit: Owned by Blitz

Last edited:
Quarry early on isn't that good an idea. There's a bunch of guides in the help tab in the alliance forum including build orders.

Back