Everquest 1 New Progression Server (Play like 1999)

Window

Veteran X
Just in case people are interested in reliving Everquest, they opened two new progression servers this past summer (I just found out). Ragefire server is set up to unlock a new expansion every 3 months or so and is currently on Kunark, and Lockjaw unlocks a new expansion every 6 months and is currently in classic with Kunark set to unlock in December. They removed all items and spells that were not in the original.

Been playing for a few days on Lockjaw and it's a lot of fun... Population on both servers is extremely high (ragefire currently has the highest population of any Everquest server ever).

Shit I can't remember the names of the items but Good ol [IE]-Impact and I used to farm some caster boots and fungi tunics and then ebay the plat for money.

The EQ economy was so insane and this was before asia farmers were around so we made so much money. For awhile you could sell 10,000 plat for $180-$200. I think I sold like a dozen blocks of 10k plat to the same guy. His emails were the best his job title was "Director of forward thinking technologies" for some shitty .com company.

That said, the idea of revisiting that world just makes me regret wasting so much time before, it does not make me want to do it again.

Shit I can't remember the names of the items but Good ol [IE]-Impact and I used to farm some caster boots and fungi tunics and then ebay the plat for money.

The EQ economy was so insane and this was before asia farmers were around so we made so much money. For awhile you could sell 10,000 plat for $180-$200. I think I sold like a dozen blocks of 10k plat to the same guy. His emails were the best his job title was "Director of forward thinking technologies" for some shitty .com company.

That said, the idea of revisiting that world just makes me regret wasting so much time before, it does not make me want to do it again.

I don't regret the time I spent on TZ server at all. Some of the most fun gaming I've ever had. Ahhh memories.

I fucking remember camping lockjaw on the beach trying to get the Lockjaw vest for my monk. Then I accidentally hit a guard and spent the next 6 months grinding gnolls for rep.

Project 1999 has a Blue/Red server. PvE/PvP respectively.

Oct. 2nd they're launching the Discord server. Permadeath PvP. They're giving out rewards for the highest level players at the end of their predetermined time period.

Seems legit, you get to loot every player you kill. And they're gone for good.

They hinted at a special rule set progression server coming this winter... Will only allow one char per IP to stop people from boxing their own groups from one computer - and speculation is that it will be PVP

They just got rid of hybrid xp penalties as well. So SK's, Bards, Rangers and Paladins no longer have a 40% exp penalty. I've rolled a Bard and been swarm kiting with him. Tons of fun.

Back