ET:TW

Status
Not open for further replies.
step 1 - NoFix, shut the fuck up unless you want to add something positive

step 2 - Get something modded that enables skiing, which Wils says can be done, and publish said video to show that the changes can be made via script/mod/mutator/wtf. This will reassure those of us who WANT this to happen that it is, indeed, doable.

step 3 - Go for basics! - a high-velocity weapon ala spinfusor. ability to ski and manuever. People can duel competently.

step 4 - test this model on some maps. Remember, the maps should conform to the gameplay, not the other way around.

step 5 - be sure NoFix is still shutting the fuck up

from there we will have a base of people who want to work towards a finished goal. I admit that someone like Zod will, by shere eperience, bring a quality set of people forward.

Start small - make sure it works - shoot for the classic feel.

Zod - not sure what I could do but I gladly volunteer. Need a resume? :)

oh...NoFix - STFU and go away

but you can already ski with the Strogg Jetpack, so not much work in it there... it might still feel a bit weird, but that's a matter of changing variables.

r00fies said:
The majority of folks asking for a new Tribes game have always said T1 with better graphics.
Except the people who said T2 with better graphics, and those who wanted something they haven't played yet.

But hey, they don't count... right?

MasterGnr said:
step 1 - NoFix, shut the fuck up unless you want to add something positive
At first I wanted to ask NoFiX if he has any more obvious stuff to point out, but then I remembered that this is TW where ignorance and delusions roam free. I hate fags like you who jump at someone for as much as saying that something isn't easy.

Amadeus,

Just because you're foreign it doesn't give you the right to be the biggest asswod on the forums.

Classic++ changelog:
Classic++ Change Log - The Mighty Oxen Forums

and it isn't sad at all, it fixes a lot of stuff that was wrong with t2 (like it gets rid of the missile locking onto players (well it does it just takes a really really long time). this means you can actually carry a grenade type other than flare. however the missile launcher still locks onto turrets (and missile turrets still lock onto players) so flares are still useful

no changes to physics have been made.

Amadeus,

Just because you're foreign it doesn't give you the right to be the biggest asswod on the forums.
What the fuck does me being "foreign" have to do with anything? No wait, since when did the internet become american? :rolleyes:

You sound like a typical yank moron who thinks Iraq is somewhere next to Korea.

I suppose I should thank the US for air travel too because there are planes going to and from america (fuck yeah)?

At first I wanted to ask NoFiX if he has any more obvious stuff to point out, but then I remembered that this is TW where ignorance and delusions roam free. I hate fags like you who jump at someone for as much as saying that something isn't easy.

First, had NoFix ever pointed out obvious issues that needed to be addressed and done so in an effort to help spur discovery to a solution, I would commend him. He doesn't. Search the forums...he bashes and acts like if he didnt think of it it is not a doable thing. However, if someone says "this game is cheat proof" you can bet your ass he will work diligently to create a hack/aimbot/etc. Says volumes on his character.

I have been around this community long enough to see decent efforts thrown assunder because the people bitching about how it can't be done literally discourage those trying. He did not provide one piece of proof it cannot be done, only his opinion.

If a dev involved with ET:QW says he thinks it is possible, and people with desire and talent want to try it then I say HOOAH! I will help if I can, and certainly will work PR wise to run interference for them.

Defend him all you want...it says volumes about you too.

Oh..and don't thank the U.S. for planes landing anywhere...thank her for creating the working airplane.

MasterGnr said:
I have been around this community long enough to see decent efforts thrown assunder because the people bitching about how it can't be done literally discourage those trying.
Because people who are discouraged by some random internet guy saying "it won't work" are obviously talented and motivated enough to follow through with a succesful project in the first place. :rolleyes:

MasterGnr said:
He did not provide one piece of proof it cannot be done, only his opinion.
So what you're saying is... people aren't allowed to post their opinion if you don't like it? Wow, I never looked at it that way.

Common sense is a wonderful thing, I suggest you give it a spin sometime.

but you can already ski with the Strogg Jetpack, so not much work in it there... it might still feel a bit weird, but that's a matter of changing variables.
I only noticed vaguely skiing-like movement on downslopes. I did not notice any carving. I think it will require a good deal more than changing some constants.

Amadeus, if you think I am saying people cannot post opinions...you obviously have no idea of my history in this community.

His opinion is it's too difficult. I have seen that from him in every thread created about the concept. When you HAVE to post in every thread to be a nay sayer...that's just trolling. He thinks it's too difficult...got it.

DO we need to add it to the name?

ET:QW - what NoFiX said couldn't be done

I dislike mine-discing, but when it was added I said so and refrained from posting in EVERY THREAD and being an ass. That's common sense.

Maybe we can publish a list of those who think it's too hard...that way we acknowledge their opinion and don't need to read/hear it over and over and over.

Let those who want to make the effort, do so unabated.

now THAT is common sense

MG

So posting opinions you don't agree with is fine until it's not done too frequently. Ok, I think I got it.

Oh btw, I think the "what needs to be in a succesful Tribes mod" thing has been done before too, and people posted their opinions then. Why don't you bitch at them for reposting their thoughts? Oh right, that doesn't remind you of the fact that there's probably never gonna be another Tribes.

Amadeus, if you think I am saying people cannot post opinions...you obviously have no idea of my history in this community.

Your history means nothing to this thread. You could be a member and I would find you no more, and no less important than the next troll.

His opinion is it's too difficult. I have seen that from him in every thread created about the concept. When you HAVE to post in every thread to be a nay sayer...that's just trolling. He thinks it's too difficult...got it.

DO we need to add it to the name?

ET:QW - what NoFiX said couldn't be done

I never said it was "too difficult". I said it would be more difficult than most are willing to acknowledge. Big difference. You know, like altering variables compared to actual coding.

Maybe we can publish a list of those who think it's too hard...that way we acknowledge their opinion and don't need to read/hear it over and over and over.

Let those who want to make the effort, do so unabated.

now THAT is common sense

Not really. Common sense, and history would probably prove that those who want to make an effort don't require threads like this to become motivated. They just do their thing, then pop up once they have something.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back