Drinking. Bad.

Hey Mitch - does this make you anxious?

iu

Anyway, congrats on making tough changes and settle the fuck down.
We all get older, we all aren't the best at everything.
It's all going to be OK, mate.

Not really. I'm 7 months from surgery and already doing everything I was doing in the gym before except squats and heavy back work. I guess always a chance I could fuck it up again, never been good at knowing my limitations, but that's a chance i'll have to take over vegetating on the sofa 7 nights a week and going slowly mad.

And thanks.

Yeah I wasn't drinking daily, my problem is more that once I get into it there's no off switch, and only a matter of time before I did something life-changingly dumb as you have described. I've come close far too many times.

Anxiety also started recently, that's fucking horrible and a slippery slope. Started when I had spine surgery and was stuck at home for 6 weeks with nothing to do except drink. As soon as I stopped drinking the anxiety is gone.

Maid is about 58 and 5'1" in both height and circumference, but let me know if you still want those pics.

good to know youre actually a coward and depend on liquid courage to get through life

youre welcome

and as you say 'hi 5'

To be fair I think that if I fucked up not only my life, but my families life, as bad as Mitch has I'd probably resort to alcohol as well.

i went on a 22 day bender in istanbul last year

i have no off switch when i start

bad stuff

the trick is to be able to break down the alcohol
Why Indians are Alcoholics and Asians cant Drink | Lords of the Drinks

aww racist science strikes again
"...So let’s start with the alcoholism part. How come native Americans and Aboriginals are in general more likely to get hooked on booze? It’s all because their bodies usually break down ethanol into water and acid way slower than the other races. Let’s first describe this process. When you drink alcoholic drinks the ethanol is metabolized (transformed) into something called acetaldehyde. This is being done by an enzyme in your body called alcohol dehydrogenase (ADH). So the more ADH your body produces, the faster the process. Apparently a lot of Native Americans miss out on this enzyme (according to analysis on chromosome 4 and 11) and that increases the risk of becoming alcoholic.

Unlike the American Indians the Chinese and Japanese produce a lot of ADH. 85% of their population produces unusual high activities of this enzyme. Where Caucasians score less than 21%, African Americans less than 10% and Native Americans as well as Asian Indians 0%. These numbers and further explanation can be found in the book Casarett & Doull’s Toxicology: The basic Science of Poison by Curtis D. Klaassen...Now don’t jump to any conclusions that Asians are great drinkers. Because the metabolizing isn’t quite done yet. The acetaldehyde that originated after the first step still isn’t the acetic acid and water it’s supposed to be. This process is caused by another enzyme called acetaldehyde dehydrogenase 2 (ALDH 2). Now about half of the Chinese and Japanese (Koreans way less by the way) lack the normal amount of this second enzyme..."

oh
and not be schizophrenic

Last edited:
I myself am a binge drinker. my problems a little different though. I'll grab a backpack and my skateboard and purchase a six pack and finish it within two hours.

Then I'll repeat the process until I get hurt. last time I sprained my shoulder on the same one I broke my collar bone. So I've limited it to two cans of spiked blue razz steel reserve.

I prefer anything cheap
- Pabst ($5 for a whole six pack sometimes I get the tall boys instead)
- Miller Light
- Coors Light (green tabs only idk y)
- I'll drink it but wont buy it (bud light)
- Tecate (personal favorite)
- Heineken
- Grolsh (basically off label Heineken taste identical)
- Budweiser ( I can find this for $6.99 <3 )

I myself am a binge drinker. my problems a little different though. I'll grab a backpack and my skateboard and purchase a six pack and finish it within two hours.

Then I'll repeat the process until I get hurt. last time I sprained my shoulder on the same one I broke my collar bone. So I've limited it to two cans of spiked blue razz steel reserve.

I prefer anything cheap
- Pabst ($5 for a whole six pack sometimes I get the tall boys instead)
- Miller Light
- Coors Light (green tabs only idk y)
- I'll drink it but wont buy it (bud light)
- Tecate (personal favorite)
- Heineken
- Grolsh (basically off label Heineken taste identical)
- Budweiser ( I can find this for $6.99 <3 )

father of the year

You stay strong, Mitch of Dubai. Don't let depression sneak in and try to steal the show. And don't substitute prescription meds for the booze.

father of the year

Lemon you're constantly projecting, usually more often than not. I'm sorry your dad got drunk and beat you til you couldn't walk. I don't drink at the house or around my son. Every two weeks he goes and spends a day or two with his grandma (mother in law kinda).

Jesus who am I kidding. I don't have to explain myself to you. You don't even know your dad let alone what being a dad is about :king:

here is a video for you

Last edited:
You stay strong, Mitch of Dubai. Don't let depression sneak in and try to steal the show. And don't substitute prescription meds for the booze.

Did a brief stint on Xanax after my surgery when the anxiety hit with horrific insomnia. So yeah, fuck that shit, good advice.

dude stay the fuck away from xanax. It may feel like tranquility in a block but when you wake up the next morning you'll be angry as fuck for no reason. The comedown isn't even worth it.

theres another one for sleep and anxiety i forget what its called but it makes everyone do psychotic shit and not even remember it. then they wake up in a baseball field butt naked covered in maple syrup.

Last edited:
I don't have any issues with anxiety or sleep since I stopped drinking, clearly that was the cause of most of it. Which has made it more likely I'll keep going with this. Good mate has a massive party for his 50th towards end of October, that's the next hurdle.

I myself am a binge drinker.
There's a lot to talk about there for the younger people reading this.

1. Try to only drink once a week. Some how, I only drink on the weekends.

2. Everything in moderation. I used to drink rum and coke followed by shots of Jager or GoldSchlager and get totally fucked up. The good news is that I was staying home listening to music and not going out. That's why I never crashed a car or got a DUI. Now I only drink beer and stop at 5. I mix in water while drinking, and put the insulated cup on the night stand before going to bed. This helps with the hangover in the morning.

3. You want to step away from the keyboard, and not be out in public. I know that drinking is meant as a social activity, and if you drink alone you are considered a loser, but I don't see it that way. I'll drink with a co-worker on Friday for happy hour, we'll have a couple at a place with craft beers, then go home. Or the co-worker and I will meet at the bar to watch football, we drink a few, then go home. We're not out at 2am total fucked up. We're home before it gets dark.

4. All that beer you mentioned up above is In-Bev crap. It's 4.5% or less, which is why you need so much to drink. Craft beers are more powerful, even if they cost more. Yes, it's $10 a six pack, but some of them are 8% and taste much better. I visit the local breweries and buy Crowlers (32 oz can) for $10 each, or a 4 pack (16 oz cans, a pint) for $16.

5. Don't do crazy activities when drunk. Those injuries can last your entire life of feeling pain in your shoulders or knees. Do the skateboarding, then go home and listen to music while having a few drinks. Think about snow skiing. People ski the slopes, then do something called Apres ski, which is just another word for drinking.

Last edited:
Back