Did I do this right?

new idea, take that weird window thing all the way to the ceiling and floor. Then cut away the drywall from that hole to the doorway and take the doorway entrance also to the ceiling
that will make it much more open concept and you dont have to fuck with much shit

lol dude

you're doing fucking not vinyl
aka you're setting yourself up for bullshit in 5 years and counting
bye

[]

I attempted to repair the plumbing but no go. I think the butane is too cold to warm up the ball valves correctly. Anywho, went on ahead and did the drywall on one side since the dude will only need one side open.

I got the electrical sorted out also. Patched up the walls in the bathroom from pulling the vanity / mirror out.

You can see the usb outlet on the right, that is going to be just above the counter top which will terminate into the side of a closest. The other end will go under the light switch on the left. just to give you an idea of what’s going on.

Good idea goshin but with the 1 in of plaster and the stucco wire mesh barrier inside the wall that I have to cut out with a grinder, doing anything more than this would be way too difficult.

kxu0iNm.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Guys are doing it wrong. Home spray foam insulation. Texture with blow drier. Spray paint for authenticity. Done. 4 dollah

[]

I attempted to repair the plumbing but no go. I think the butane is too cold to warm up the ball valves correctly. Anywho, went on ahead and did the drywall on one side since the dude will only need one side open.

I got the electrical sorted out also. Patched up the walls in the bathroom from pulling the vanity / mirror out.

You can see the usb outlet on the right, that is going to be just above the counter top which will terminate into the side of a closest. The other end will go under the light switch on the left. just to give you an idea of what’s going on.

Good idea goshin but with the 1 in of plaster and the stucco wire mesh barrier inside the wall that I have to cut out with a grinder, doing anything more than this would be way too difficult.

kxu0iNm.jpg

Looks great.

Hopefully it turns out ok, I never like places with cutouts like that. My apartment building has some 2 bedroom units that have kitchens with hole in the wall instead of going full open concept and it doesn't look right at all.

Guys are doing it wrong. Home spray foam insulation. Texture with blow drier. Spray paint for authenticity. Done. 4 dollah

You forgot make sure all electrical boxes, and anything else you don't wanna move are secured. That spray foam will move things everywhere.

Hopefully it turns out ok, I never like places with cutouts like that. My apartment building has some 2 bedroom units that have kitchens with hole in the wall instead of going full open concept and it doesn't look right at all.

I'm wanting to open the wall from the blue coat to door removing the door all together. Not sure about it cause that wall is the original outside wall. My den is an addition. :/

8e1cec034297063581de28bc270e1328.jpg

Last edited:
Are you trolling us? What’s with the 8 pieces of Sheetrock? Is there a meth lab on the other side of that wall?

You cut the existing Sheetrock back from floor to ceiling and 4’ wide (2” beyond switch). One piece, not 8. Then carefully cut out the hole with a keyhole saw at top where arch is and use a knife for rest.

It’s cause the walls are so wavy. It’s an old house. Old plaster walls. You gotta shim the Sheetrock in different spots to make up for 1/2 waviness in the Wall.

[]

kxu0iNm.jpg

:rofl:

There is no fucking way this isn't a troll. Come on. Ignoring the rest, there's that little 2x6 inch piece of drywall you screwed in there with a single screw. I don't believe it. Are you taking mocking pictures of a friend's house or something?

Did you cut the rounded corners of the drywall with keyhole saw or did you smash it into shape with a hammer?

p.s. Argh. That wall almost definitely isn't load-bearing. Why didn't you just cut the entire thing out (matching the current walkway) and move the light switch? Do you know how much more work you're creating for yourself for a shitty window right next to a walkway? You should seriously cut your losses and consider it at this point.

67YwU13.jpg

Last edited:
[]

kxu0iNm.jpg

It looks like a half door beside a door.
Haven't seen that before.
Now I know why.
Should of been orientated landscape not portrait. Big not small.

I'd use a plastic Jesus and dress it up like a little chicano shrine.
Or maybe voodoo style for edge factor.

Nice job cutting the sheet to fit kept all gaps at <1/2" lol (I'm being sarcastic) -10GBP

It's common these days to add a touch of class by making your own Dutch split door.
11-Remake-an-old-used-door-into-a-dutch-door-with-glass-panels-by-Its-the-Little-Things-featured-on-@Remodelaholic-533x800.jpg

Consider it, King. Would be pretty cool there huh?

Back