did FTM (fuck the mainland) ever hit #1 on OGL

this is more interesting than i thought

it seems accepted that they hit #1 barring a few strays, but then why is the archive picture incorrect?

solve this tribal history mystery!

by the power appointed to me by the tribes 1 community, I, Judge Stork, rule in favor of opsayo and overrule the opposing evidence presented by jm5k.

ggs - re-elect me in 2012 etc etc

Yes, FTM did hit #1 on OGL fielding 9 players living in Hawaii, 8 of which were lan'd together at Lortz' house that day.

If I remember correctly, it was s3 that we beat and the win came on the third map which was Raindance by a last second cap from Style.

OGL Ladder in Oct 1999 according to the wayback machine. I don't remember for sure whether FTM ever had #1. It's possible they did inherit it from [IE], in which case I think they might have subsequently lost it to =S3=. Or =S3= might have inherited it directly from [IE]. Who the fuck knows. All I remember about FTM for sure was once playing a match on their home server in Hawaii with everyone on our team pinging 400+ :lol:

There was a reason why The Sticks played a map on our Hawaii server. I was the one that had to negotiate servers with Sarcastik. He would not bend at all and allow all maps to be played on a neutral server that was a decent ping for everyone. Since he made us play on your East Coast server, you got to play on our Hawaii server.

Yes, FTM did hit #1 on OGL fielding 9 players living in Hawaii, 8 of which were lan'd together at Lortz' house that day.

If I remember correctly, it was s3 that we beat and the win came on the third map which was Raindance by a last second cap from Style.

:heart:

I like talking about tribes history!

the funny (and sad) thing is Tribes maybe was the pinnacle of competitive gaming eSports history. OGL had 150+ 10v10 teams IIRC. Even new, mega-blockbuster retardo games like CoD don't get those numbers.

We may never have had prize circuits, press, or popularity, but we may have had the most active competitive gaming community of all time

..what

well we did have a big ladder and a pretty centralized community, but we were never "big" comparatively

Last edited:
2i7bvkh.png

Fuck, gaming was awesome back then. Defiantly some good times. Can't believe that was 11 years ago...

Back