Cali Driver's Test

daunt

Veteran X
I've moved to California from Oregon and I need to pass the driver's test here to help establish residency. The people here tell me California is notorious for rotating the same dozen tests or so. I was wondering if the tests have been posted online somewhere where I could just go through the tests and memorize the questions. I already went through the damn process once and I don't have the motivation to do it again. The catch is I got to get it soon to establish residency for next year, so I don't have the liberty of time.

So yeah, any help would be appreciated. Otherwise I gotta go through 100 pages of boredom when I should be out having fun.

Its easy, when I moved here from NJ I took it and got 3 wrong without studying. Its common sense, just picture yourself on the road.

For questions that test like, what a red painted curb means, pick up the book and go through it.

Holy shit, please never drive again if you can't even pass a simple written test.

There are 15 or so different versions of the test, they all share questions from a pretty small pool. Recently they have been making the tests even easier than in the past. If you just look at the question and try not to get tricked by how the questions are designed, you should be able to do it 5-10 minutes with no mistakes.

Last edited:
Eh, fair enough. You guys need to keep in mind I know nothing about the test. If it's really that easy, then fine, I just have a lot of pressure on me to pass in a hurry.

Also check your location, there's all kinds of neat shit you can do online, like log on and check the current wait at your DMV of choice if its supported. (!!!!)

It's a lot harder when you're 15 and trying to get your permit. If you've been driving for a while and have experience, they're pretty common-sense kind of questions.

gofishgrrl. said:
It's a lot harder when you're 15 and trying to get your permit. If you've been driving for a while and have experience, they're pretty common-sense kind of questions.

Uhh not really. All you have to do is read the book and if you have any kind of brain you can get them all correct.

Ixiterra said:
Uhh not really. All you have to do is read the book and if you have any kind of brain you can get them all correct.

Actually, I remember getting tricked by a lot of questions. They usually had 2 out of the 3 that seemed like the right answer. If I took the test now, though, I don't think I'd have a problem at all, since I have 6 years of driving experience behind me. :shrug:

gofishgrrl. said:
Actually, I remember getting tricked by a lot of questions. They usually had 2 out of the 3 that seemed like the right answer. If I took the test now, though, I don't think I'd have a problem at all, since I have 6 years of driving experience behind me. :shrug:

Ahh yes, this one kept me thinking for awhile:

Code:
What does this sign mean?
  ____
 /    \
/      \
\      /
 \____/

a. Go
b. Stop
c. Slow Down

Just remember, you can miss seven questions and still pass.

My SigOther's son just passed his learner's permit a couple of days ago.

Ixiterra said:
Ahh yes, this one kept me thinking for awhile:

Code:
What does this sign mean?
  ____
 /    \
/      \
\      /
 \____/

a. Go
b. Stop
c. Slow Down
what signs use a hexagonal shape?

yea dan its all easy common sense questions, which is why there are so many idiots driving :]

Last edited:
I never needed to study even at 15 when I got my learners permit. If you need to study to pass a drivers test when you've already been driving for years in another state, then you deserve to fail.

Back