Buying speakers out of vans.

keneth16

Veteran X
One of my buddies on his way to school was stopped by a van. The guy said he had been shipped too many speakers and that he had to sell them quickly before he went back to work. He claimed the speakers were a 2000$ value. This is the oldest scam ever, but my buddy went to the local 7/11 and withdrew 400$. This is what he got: (Dv 505)

Product web site
http://www.divincisound.com/service2.htm

Item on ebay:
http://cgi.ebay.com/DiVinci-DV-505-...oryZ1499QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

he now wants to sell it to me for 200$. Its not true 5.1, only 2 channel.

rofl

Some guy tried to get me with that one once, how dumb do you have to be to fall for that one?

only happened to me about 6 times. takes a real idiot to buy speakers out of a van tho

i bought a camera for $100 from some homeless black dudes in a mom's altima. there was a sticker that said $500 and there were plush toys in the car, it looked like they jacked the thing. i gave em a 100 and the thing didnt even play tape. lol

I never understood why those guys drive around in those vans trying to sell speakers, I mean no one could ever possible be stupid enough buy them, but sometimes I am wrong about things. BBL going to read all my spam email.

My dipshit room mate bought a set of speakers for $500 from the van guys. A few weeks later I was at the bank, walking back to my car. Some guys in a white van asked if I wanted to buy some overstock speakers. I just laughed at them.

welp.. ill tell you guys right now...

im one of the idiots that fell for it. I bought 2 giant ass speakers from the guy for 400 bucks...

thing is.. (THEY KICK ASS)

One time a guy stopped me in a parking lot to try and sell me speakers. I knew it was a scam but the guy was probably my age at the time and had his cute girlfriend in the van so I told him I'd take a look. After a couple minutes he asked me if I smoked weed. I told him I did. Then he asked if I had any which I happened to have a dub sack and a couple joints in my car ($20 bag I had just picked up). I ended up giving him a couple joints for $60. He was incredulous when he realized I had his money in hand and he had a couple tightly wound joints in his. I drove off, laughing all the way.

I scammed the scammer. If I coulda fucked his girl it would have been one of the greatest days of my life.

Well i managed to get 2 sony floor standing 150watt three way speakers for 130$ and a 550 watt 12 inch JBL sub for 260$. From an actual store i can go back to....

I'm the idiot too, except the guy wanted like $300-$400 for each, and I talked him down to $100 for both (all I had on me). Still use em and they sound great. The few times i've really cranked em up (500w amp) they never faultered. Clean base and crisp mids/highs. I don't think my neighbors where to happy about the purchase though.

:lol: buy it and see what u get

my stupidass friend bought a home theatre system before that only crackled when turned on

how can people still be so ignorant? :shrug:

I had the same fucker try to sell me speakers from a van in the same parking lot...two different times almost a year apart.

I had no idea it was so common. heh.

We know a guy that jacks quality shit and sells it out of his van. He'll sell like 12" car LCD's, high end sony/clario/kenwood/pioneer car audio, and all sorts of good shit for a good price. I think everyone at work drives around with the same $400 car deck we bought for $75 haha. :)

The other day, my co worker called me saying this black dude was selling a ton of name brand shit for $1. Shirts, belts, shorts, polos, t's, all tommy nautica, probably knock off (my co workers swears they're legit) but fuck, for a $1, he bought like $15 worth of stuff and the guy gave him twice that. Thievin' nigger wanted to get rid of his truck FULL of that shit asap I couldn't believe how much shit he had.

Ok, from what i learned from this thread:

Speakers don't tend to work, which is why people are smart enough not to buy them (usually).

However, for those for whom the speakers do work, they tend to work fabulously.

Back