Brown is a Yankee

T w i z t i D said:
with arod, schilling, and whomever they sign to play left, minus manny and nomar, they'll still be under 150 million, which is an entire milwaukee, kansas city, etc... team.

In this day of luxury taxes and tighter belts (more teams are reducing payroll than expanding it), its naive to think that the Red Sox won't be paying chunks of either Manny's or Nomar's salaries next year. Everything I've read has the Red Sox paying all of A-Rod's salary, plus picking up a chunk of Manny's. If they acquire A-Rod, the asking price for Nomar is going to fall dramatically, as the botched handling of the trade and the Tellem v. Henry feud are going to drive down what the Red Sox get for Garciaparra.

ESPN's Insider: Rumor Central said:
The Rangers reportedly are willing to deal A-Rod to Boston for Manny Ramirez provided the Red Sox pick up around $5 million of Manny's salary. To do the deal, the Red Sox first will have to be certain they can deal Nomar Garciaparra to the Angels (or possibly the Dodgers).

I don't honestly understand how you can think paying an extra $20 million a year, plus $5 million a year of Manny's salary, plus whatever they might be forced to eat of Nomar's salary, plus Schillings added salary and plus what they have to pay to fill the vacancy in left field is going to do anything but dramatically increase the Red Sox's payroll.

Blind hatred for the Yankees is fine in my book. But don't squawk and say you hate them because they spent $200 million in salaries. The Red Sox are doing their best to keep pace with the Yankees. And I imagine, if they had the resources to keep in stride with the Yankees, they would.

T w i z t i D said:
with arod, schilling, and whomever they sign to play left, minus manny and nomar, they'll still be under 150 million, which is three times that of teams like milwaukee, kansas city, etc... team.

Emphasis (and wording) changed to provide some perspective.

MADness said:
Emphasis (and wording) changed to provide some perspective.

What perspective are you looking at? Is it justifiable for an owner to take fair share of the fat TV contract, and then field a team of AAA minor leaguers? That been going on in several ballparks.

As long as you can stomach being labeled a cheapskate and a perennial loser, there's no punishment in any major-league sport for sucking.

dont forget that john leiber is the member of the new york yankees baseball club.

but im sure one of you asses is gonna rip on lieber for not beat "great" or whatever

Back