Brandy or whiskey egg nog

I've never tried with anything other than rum. This will be a Christmas to remember!

i've also tried this, and it's really good:

Ingredients
12 large eggs (pasteurized if you need peace of mind)
1 pound sugar
1 pint half-n-half
1 pint whole milk
1 pint heavy cream
1 cup Jamaican rum
1 cup cognac
1 cup bourbon
1 teaspoon freshly grated nutmeg (plus more for serving)
1/4 teaspoon kosher salt

Instructions
1. Separate the eggs and store the whites for another purpose.
2. Beat the yolks with the sugar and nutmeg in a large mixing bowl until the mixture lightens in color and falls off the whisk in a solid "ribbon."
3. Combine dairy, booze and salt in a second bowl or pitcher and then slowly beat into the egg mixture.
4. Move to a large glass jar (or a couple of smaller ones) and store in the fridge for a minimum of 2 weeks. A month would be better, and two better still. In fact, there's nothing that says you couldn't age it a year, but I've just never been able to wait that long. (And yes, you can also drink it right away.)
5. Serve in mugs or cups topped with a little extra nutmeg grated right on top.

https://altonbrown.com/eggnog-recipe/

How do you asshats swill that load of cum?

I have a theory. I am usually right about this shit.

I believe Eggnog drinkers also like white "chocolate".

Any of you who actually drink eggnog - answer this question - Do you like white chocolate?"

I bet it's 100 percent.

I am not an eggnog expert not even close. In fact my wife is the eggnog expert but she was pregnant through all of this so no nog for her.

That said for me the original was delicious but as you can see from the recipe there's a ton of alcohol in it which is great but it hid a bit of the rich/creaminess I usually think of with eggnog. By the time it aged that alcohol hit to the face disappeared. I can't really speak to any complex flavors growing out of it b/c like I said we only had made it a day before(not the suggested 3 weeks) so it was mostly alcohol to the face which wasn't a problem just wasn't quite right.

I like plain eggnog from the store, splash some rum and g2g

That recipe IS boozy as fuck. So it calms down as it ages?

Back