botters getting banned?

Even the name of his product "wowglider" can be argued to violate their property rights (i.e. he was using the name WoW without their permission, selling a product designed for WoW customers).

i may be incorrect but i don't think WoW is a term used by blizzard, let alone copyrighted by them.

HaPpY should've sold copies of HappyMod and HM2 at $25 a pop. If that had happened and Vivendi/Dynamix knocked on his door with court documents would you faggots be singing the same tune? It's in essence the same thing, stomping all over the intended use of the game(s) in an effort to get a leg up on the competition (more gold/items/levels in wow vs purchased/downloaded skill and awareness in tribes).
If I bought happyflag for $25 and Vivendi showed up at my door instead of Happy's that would be stupid.

HaPpY should've sold copies of HappyMod and HM2 at $25 a pop. If that had happened and Vivendi/Dynamix knocked on his door with court documents would you faggots be singing the same tune? It's in essence the same thing, stomping all over the intended use of the game(s) in an effort to get a leg up on the competition (more gold/items/levels in wow vs purchased/downloaded skill and awareness in tribes).

Not to argue with ya Smaq, and I really don't remember too much, but... HaPpY, didn't you actually modify files of Tribes to patch what you did? I can remember model replacement (which many people regularly) and a modified .exe.

In the case of using Glider, Blizzard's source files are not modified. In fact, no actual information is even placed into WoW's dir structure. So comparing the two seem rather different.

Not to argue with ya Smaq, and I really don't remember too much, but... HaPpY, didn't you actually modify files of Tribes to patch what you did? I can remember model replacement (which many people regularly) and a modified .exe.

In the case of using Glider, Blizzard's source files are not modified. In fact, no actual information is even placed into WoW's dir structure. So comparing the two seem rather different.

the first happymod modified the exe for you, but didnt include a modified exe. the second one didnt touch any files, just t2's memory as it was running. glider is even less invasive in that it doesnt modify memory, only reads it: however that limits it's capability to observational hacks only.

although back then there was no DMCA, so it was completely legal.

Back