Behind the Scenes of Dogfights on the History Channel

they better freakin have WWI dogfights

Richthofen vs. Brown (bringing in May of course)... show different versions of how it could have gone down cause there are quite a few theories. That'd be quite cool.

problem with doing WW1 and 2 is finding pilots actually alive to interview. :)

altho one of the guys is starting a biplane this week so might have something cooking for the 2nd season.

Funny part is that most of the shots in there are from the Pilot episode all of us here didnt work on. HC didnt want to give too much away I guess. :)

problem with doing WW1 and 2 is finding pilots actually alive to interview. :)
Except not since large numbers of WW2 pilots are still alive and hundreds upon hundreds of biographies and after action reports exist. There are no shortage of accounts.

That said, I'm not going to hold my breath for this show. Money says that it focuses entirely on Americans and ignores really interesting people like Hartmann, Marseille, Rall, Sakai, Nishizawa, etc.

I'd love to see something like this done for Sakai and Marseille especially, but I can almost guarantee that they'll never even be mentioned.

Except not since large numbers of WW2 pilots are still alive and hundreds upon hundreds of biographies and after action reports exist. There are no shortage of accounts.

That said, I'm not going to hold my breath for this show. Money says that it focuses entirely on Americans and ignores really interesting people like Hartmann, Marseille, Rall, Sakai, Nishizawa, etc.

I'd love to see something like this done for Sakai and Marseille especially, but I can almost guarantee that they'll never even be mentioned.

The big point of this show is having the pilot there telling his story. While yes, there are many battles that can be told by historians and combat reports, I'm pretty sure they are only gonna go with Pilots who are here to tell it. It also depends on if the pilot is available and wants to do it.

There is a Mid Eastern Show this season, with more non American shows planned I believe 2nd season. Again, it goes back to availability for interviews. Anyways, I dont make those choices.. I'm just a grunt :)

The big point of this show is having the pilot there telling his story. While yes, there are many battles that can be told by historians and combat reports, I'm pretty sure they are only gonna go with Pilots who are here to tell it. It also depends on if the pilot is available and wants to do it.
So basically they're going to severely limit their scope of a show that relies entirely upon CGI to people who are alive even though hundreds of people who are not have left painstakingly detailed accounts of their fights in their own words?

I guess that means that we won't even get to hear about the best American aces. Neither Richard Bong nor Tommy McGuire survived the war (yet their aerial combats are very well documented. In fact, McGuire's fatal flight is documented from both sides.)

McCampbell is also dead, but he died 50 years after the fact.

I think you guy should hire Kurayami! You know, get him out of the house, off Tribalwar. And the show would get even better!

Edit: And don't worry about a ccompany car for him! He can just bike to work!

I think you guy should hire Kurayami! You know, get him out of the house, off Tribalwar. And the show would get even better!

Edit: And don't worry about a ccompany car for him! He can just bike to work!
In case you haven't noticed, I'm not on the forum at all 3 - 4 days a week for the past few months.

In case you haven't noticed, I'm not on the forum at all 3 - 4 days a week for the past few months.

Sorry bro, I haven't. I wasn't much on Tribalwar for the past few months as well.

But I still think they should hire you, despite my little jab at you ;)

Back