Baghdad is free!

It's good to see the jubilation (sp?) of the Iraqi people that isn't being forced to gather and look happy.

Al-Sharaf :lies: is stil alive according to MSNBC he's just disappeared.

God I feel so bad....... for all the thousands of liberals that have lost this war.

Victory to the decent people of Iraq and to our brave heroes that suffered or gave their lives to make the world a better place for us, the Iraqis, and to stick it to the French.

i'm listening to CNN on XM radio right now....whatever is happening (they have live video) it sounds crazy.....the live journalist is being shot at or something....

ICFire said:
It's good to see the jubilation (sp?) of the Iraqi people that isn't being forced to gather and look happy.

They look as happy as Palestinians on 9/11, except they're on our side... for now. In 3 weeks they will hate us

I wonder if Al-Sharaf translates to "The Sheriff"

:lies:
baghdadbob.gif
:lies:

Really amazing tv. These are some of the first historic images of the 21st century since sept 11

T w i z t i D said:
this is great to watch, i just hope that its being seen in iran, syria, libya, afghanistan, turkey, north korea, china, france, russia, kuwait, saudi arabia, jordan, palestine, israel, and every other fucked up country in the world

Since when is russia fucked up? You hate russia because a russian company sold some weapons (that didn't work) to iraq? You realize we trained and armed osama bin laden and afghanistahn during their 10+ year war there.

Kizzak said:
If people are your concern, time for you to start a crusade for invading the Congo, yesterday there was some news that 1000 people were massacred in under 3 hours with guns and machetes. A question, did you support the UN/US' involvement in Rwanda? How about our involvement in Kosovo? The problem I have with people ever giving humanitarianism as a reason for entering a country militarily is because then they will turn around (or have previously in this case) opposed the exact same, or even worse thing. If you stay consistent, then your opinion is at least respectable, unlike a political whore who changes his opinion based on what party or political idealogy wants to complete the certain goal.

Beat me to it. And let's add North Korea, the worst human rights violator in the world, along with the Ivory Coast, and a number of other coutries where horrific atrocities take place daily but which we will never "liberate", since they have no resources or political value to make it worthwhile.

flexxx said:
Really amazing tv. These are some of the first historic images of the 21st century since sept 11
I'd love to believe it will be the last, but I'm sure by the end of the century at least one nuclear (or something similar) explosion will occur within a major city and virtually obliterate it.

Diabolic said:
Beat me to it. And let's add North Korea, the worst human rights violator in the world, along with the Ivory Coast, and a number of other coutries where horrific atrocities take place daily but which we will never "liberate", since they have no resources or political value to make it worthwhile.

If ANY of those countries become active in terrorism, you can BET they will be TOAST.

Syria is next. DPRK is a non-issue, it's not in a region that we an act with impunity. Sorry, but America is not afraid of fist pumping stone throwing arabs in the street - however, a war in the back yard of China ought to make us think twice.

please oh please I hope :lies: comes back onto TV to claim there are no US troops in Baghdad and that it's a fake Baghdad they're showing on TV

what I found disturbing is of the 22 arab countries that supposedly have governments that represent them at political functions, none of them are legitimate governments that are representative of the people. All of them are run by inheritence.

If you've heard of the social contract SS, it COULD be argued that their interests are served and the governments are legitimate.

That aside, Baxter what I was saying (and I assume Dia was saying as well) was that the arguments certain people made pre-war on both sides were fucking bullshit because they argued against their stance just years before that when it came to Kosovo, Rwanda, et al. I remember people bitching about having to be the world police and go on humanitarian missions to stop this or that dictator and that it wasn't our business to do so; those same people turned around and used those arguments as part of the justification to attack Iraq. THAT is what has bothered me about this war the most, the fucking political flip-flopping on both sides.

Back