Asheron's Call

Hit

Contributor
Veteran XV
attachment.php

So I was cleaning out a desk and I ran into this.. Thought you guys who played AC might enjoy it :sunny:
(sorry for the shitty scan, it kept uploading like that)

i had a full set of neon purple and neon green platemail and would just stand around in arwic and show it off

truly, those were the days

My roommate HATED that game. Especially when Ogres and shit would come tromping up ... "BOOM BOOM BOOM" went the subwoofer. :lol:

I once built myself a badass suit of pure black armor. Took awhile to get the materials to dye it all black. Went out running the coast of dereth collecting motes for the atlan weapons and had to detour to get to more mobs. Well I died in the middle of nowhere and all the armor dropped on my corpse. This was before you were able to get the coordinates of your corpse so you could go back and recover it.

I went back out and could not find my body. I think thats the day i stopped playing lol.

I once built myself a badass suit of pure black armor. Took awhile to get the materials to dye it all black. Went out running the coast of dereth collecting motes for the atlan weapons and had to detour to get to more mobs. Well I died in the middle of nowhere and all the armor dropped on my corpse. This was before you were able to get the coordinates of your corpse so you could go back and recover it.

I went back out and could not find my body. I think thats the day i stopped playing lol.

thats why you had to carry expensive gems and necklaces to drop it instead of your armor :ftard:

best mmog ever

no zones, no restrictions, constant FREE updates that actually added a lot of content and story each time

that kind of business model wouldn't cut it these days, but if they made an MMOG like AC I would play it fore sure

i always did wonder if timtheenchater here was the same one who was the first to 126? in AC

The game really did a ton of stuff better than any mmo, kinda crazy how nobody has copied a lot of it.

Like the world changing month by month and by the seasons.

Plus the map was enormous, and had you could genuinely just go explore and have it be fun as some of the places were insanely remote,

well it had its faults too, like once you go strong enough you could easily bot in the big monkey place or the bug place and level without dying

Mm, GSA and Coral Golem grinding. I played on Solclaim and Darktide. I remember listening to KMFDM and grinding Tuskers listening to, "Urban Monkey Warfare" That was in like 1999-2001.

i sold my first online character on this game for like $1000
Yeah i had friends who made several hundred dollars selling stuff for this game. It was boring compared to tribes. I wonder if this type of profit is made on today's games?

AC's still going. Latest update added Olthoi as a playable race

(I was one of the few AC2 fans, played with ICFire. Lugian Berserker FTW)

Yeah i had friends who made several hundred dollars selling stuff for this game. It was boring compared to tribes. I wonder if this type of profit is made on today's games?
Hard for the little guy to make a buck. The gaming companies shut down most of the activity on e-bay and such.

They can't kill it off from Chinese gold farming companies though, so they pretty much have a monopoly on the secondary market for MMO gaming. They survive because they exist in countries where lawsuits are completely out of the question, and they put a lot of muscle in to their market share, controlling a lot of the fanbase media sites and news sites too.

A lot of it is completely invisible to the gamer, but you can bet for sure the development companies know where the farming companies have a grip. It's complicated. These are companies with seriously deep pockets. (one of which I worked for a while back)

I loved AC. Made a couple grand thanks to the game, thanks AC Tool and Tuskers!.

I also accidentally sold my GSA to a vendor when drunk.

I used to sell the hoary matty robes for 100 bucks a pop at the age of umm no idea when I played this, late 90s? so 14-15 maybe?

My parents didn't get why I kept getting money orders or whatever for 100 bucks a pop

Back