Anyone own both a Wii and a 360?

I have my Wii60. I will play Wii mainly for Nintendo's brilliant single player games and good party games and eventually online mario kart and SSBM.

Beyond that 360 with XBL and live arcade will draw a lot of my attention for multiplayer (GoW mainly).

360 owners should really give viva pinata a try, its theme park meets sim tower meets 7 year old kids

I rented it last week and returned it monday. i miss it. so do my kids. I bought for them(and me) for christmas.

I have both - if I had to choose I would pick the 360. It's not really a fair comparison though - the cost factor is significant, and the 360 has a year lead for software.

Right now there are only 4-5 games for the Wii that I would consider good, and Zelda is really the only game that I would call great. I can name half a dozen 360 titles that would justify the hardware purchase.

pgr3
dead rising
fn3
graw
r6 vegas
gow
viva pinata
saints row
madden
oblivion

others i am forgetting

xbox360's library is pretty dang good for being out a year

Last edited:
& the games coming out for it look very promising

ie. halo 3

& the next great war game

c&c 3

oh yeah

The Wii has a DVD player, just no software to support it yet. Rumor is that "Wii DVD" will be a download, not a hardware upgrade.

It's possible. However, the sites I have read normally state that a MINOR hardware update is part of that plan. I'm not going to be bothered to look it up I've already decided when(if) I'll be getting a Wii, if others are interested the information is out there.

http://www.reghardware.co.uk/2006/11/15/nintendo_wii_gets_dvd_in_07/ said:
That Nintendo might bring DVD playback to the Wii emerged last month, possibly through the introduction of a special DVD-ready Wii. However, Nintendo indicated that the product would probably only ship in Japan - the West is saturated with cheap DVD players, making the economics of such a move questionable.

worth considering as well :shrug:

Rumor has it the colored Wiis released in the Spring will be something of a core package (aka no Wii sports) and may possibly have a matching core price. (the 2nd half of that sentence is by far the most speculative/unconfirmed)

Last edited:
Future games I'm interested in for the 360:

Forza 2
Bioshock
Halo 3
Army of Two
Assassin's Creed
Resident Evil 5???

I got a 360 a week ago for an early christmas present. We decided before that that we'd get the kids a Wii but it looks like it's going to have to wait until after christmas since I can't find one at the store and resellers can suck my left nut.

That said, the 360 is a slick damn machine and is the first console since the Genesis that I have purchased for me. The N64, GC, and Xbox were for the kids. GOW is awesome, I love FN3 and the online experience is top notch from the multiplayer to the xbl arcade. I'm pretty impressed with it.

A side note, for those with a 360 who want to get online but not spend $100 for the adapter. Do what I did, pick up a Buffalo WHR-G54S for $50, flash it with DD-WRT, set it up as a bridge to your existing wireless connection and you're good to go. It works like a champ.

Last edited:
man i need some new games

i have graw but i think i'm gonna return it before i open it

dead rising
fight night 3
oblivion

i dunno, a great problem 2 have

what do you pals suggest

edit: then again, i haven't even gotten 2 hours into gow

been stuck playing mp for the week or two i've had it

may b i should finish it b4 widening my horizons

i have both, love them both.

360 is great for online, and playing with friends. hell just adding friends to it is easy by comparison. the arcade is awesome.

nintendo is loads of fun when you have visitors, 4 player action.

if already have a 360, and can't afford a nintendo without selling 360, keep the 360 and get a nintendo in the new year.

jerry CnC3 is an RTS for PC, what are you smoking

it is coming out for 360 also

it is modeling that other successful console rts game for controls and stuff

graphics look fuckin great

i personally cannot wait 4 it

Back