[Any tips] Studying for A+ Cert

i see.

i setup a ton of morons for telecommuting in the past. i would be shocked if 1/10th of them had degrees.

just sayin, its not some sort of college only thing. lots of companies make use of it for a large variety of their staff.

p.s. i don't have a degree, guess i should stop reconfiguring these switches in san diego.

I think it's obvious you wont be hired because you have certs... but to not get something when you have the chance because it "doesn't mean anything" is just about the dumbest approach you could take on your career.

One day you'll be up against a guy that doesn't have A+...everything else even.

You'll get the job because you took the initiative. Jobs like geek squad and simple repair places require "dumb certs" like A+. Those are good starting jobs.

Last edited:
the only certification you need is are you google certified? can you google an error code/problem? here is my problem solving routine.

find the error/problem, google it, read, try some shit, doesnt work?, do we have support?, yes? call the fucking vendor make them support their shit, don't have support? read more and try shit till it works, document the shit out of what you did.

solid trouble shooting skills and knowing where to find errors and then where to find answers for those errors is more important than any certification.

a strong understanding of how things work is also essential though. if you don't know how things should work you'll never be able to trouble shoot.

sample A+ questions.... :lol:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Question 3
Which of the following will happen when a user plugs a third-party adapter which outputs alternating current (AC) directly into a laptop?
A. The laptop will start in Safe Mode.
B. The laptop will start, however it will not charge the battery.
C. The laptop processor will be overclocked.
D. The laptop components will be damaged.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Haha holy shit :rofl:

I'm of the opinion that it should be there. Its the level one tard check. Its the guys that bring it up when asked about certs in the interview that you steer clear of.

Give me 30 seconds with a prospect and I could tell you with about 95% accuracy if they could pass the A+ or not. The only time A+ matters is when THEE IT guy quits and the HR department has to hire his replacement.

In fact, I would rather take a pure green kid than one that has been tainted by certs.

who has the pic of NGFM in his nice spacious cube and then the other pic a few years later in a little microcube :lol:

the problem is applying for a job where the A+ cert is even relevant. Deskside techs and help desk jobs are the bottom of the IT food chain

From what I've gathered, he failed college, and is working in a dead-end job with low pay and management that actually expects him to do things every once in awhile. So yeah, there's a root to his hate for his job and the world in general.

he is a professional BASIC programmer. What do you expect?

oh right forgot the link to those questions

Sample Test Questions For A+ Certification | StudyNotes.net (includes answers)

the questions again
Spoiler

the only certification you need is are you google certified? can you google an error code/problem? here is my problem solving routine.

find the error/problem, google it, read, try some shit, doesnt work?, do we have support?, yes? call the fucking vendor make them support their shit, don't have support? read more and try shit till it works, document the shit out of what you did.

solid trouble shooting skills and knowing where to find errors and then where to find answers for those errors is more important than any certification.

a strong understanding of how things work is also essential though. if you don't know how things should work you'll never be able to trouble shoot.

I tell everyone that google solves 90% of my issues however I earn my salary on the other 10%. That is the problem with hiring tech people. It is what happens the other 10% of the time that is most important.

sometimes i wonder how often doctors just google instead of knowing the required medication or surgical procedure :D

Back