[Anime] I need something new to watch

DonkeyofDoom

Veteran XV
Currently watching:
Bleach
Code Geass R2

Watched and liked:
Burst Angel, Mai HiME, Mai Otome (Fucking awesome premise), Claymore, Death Note, Blood+, Code Geass, The Big O, Elfen Leid, Gunslinger Girl (1st season), G Gundam, Gundam Wing, Ghost in the Shell SC 1&2, Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann, Outlaw Star, Cowboy Bebop (didn't finish), Ergo Proxy (df), Full Metal Alchemist, Yu Yu Hakusho

Watched and didn't like:
Angel Links (df, sequel-ish to Outlaw Star), Devil May Cry (df), Evangelion (df), Macross (df), Kenichi (df), Rosario + Vampire (df), Golgo 13 (df), Afro Samurai (df), Full Metal Panic,

Last edited:
so what did you like?

anyway:

Kanon, Koukyoushi Hen: Eureka Seven, Elfen Lied, Kimi ga Nozomu Eien, Kamichu!, Shakugan no Shana, Noein - Mou Hitori no Kimi e, Erementar Gerad
Death Note, Byousoku 5 Centimeter, Hanbun no Tsuki ga Noboru Sora, Rec, I``s Pure, Karin, Sola
Hachimitsu to Clover I/II, Higurashi no Naku Koro ni /Kai, Tsubasa Chronicles, Azumanga Daiou, NHK ni Youkoso!, Lucky Star, Haibane Renmei, Rozen Maiden, Shuffle, Zettai Shounen, Asatte no Houkou, Kidou Tenshi Angelic Layer, Winter Garden, Nanatsuiro Drops, El Cazador de la Bruja, Canvas 1/2, Tenshi Kinryouku, Kono Minikuku mo Utsukushii Sekai, Yoake Mae yori Ruri Iro na Crescent Love, Kyoushirou to Towa no Sora, Venus Versus Virus

Immediate suggestions:

- Samurai Champloo - The worthy successor to Bebop, with a hip-hop flavoring instead of a jazz motif. Two swordsmen and a girl who eats too much go on a merry journey across Japan complete with swordfights, yakuza, ninja, ganja, crucifixion, and the greatest baseball episode in all of anime. Seriously. I fucking LOVE that episode.

- Baccano! - Psychopaths, immortals, criminals, the Mafia and a pair of lovable moron thieves duke it out in New York and on a train in 1930s America. Features blood and guts aplenty, the world's manliest crybaby, and the greatest conductor ever to board a train. A new classic, and a favorite of mine.

- Monster - Genius Japanese neurosurgeon in pre-unification Germany sacrifices his career to operate on a ten-year-old boy instead of the mayor of Leipzig (? I can't remember, all I remember was he was the mayor). Kid grows up to be a murderous psychopath whose crimes are attributed to said surgeon. Hilarity (where hilarity = chase across Germany to unravel the mystery behind crazy murdery kid) ensues.

- Gankutsuou: The Count of Monte Cristo - Interesting take on an old classic with a neat art style. A much more brutal take on Edmond Dantes and his merry adventures in revenge, seen through the eyes of peripheral characters whose roles have been greatly expanded (specifically: Albert, Eugenie, and Franz d'Epinay). Neat art style, nice music (if only because I like Tchaikovsky), takes place in space. Well, PARTIALLY in space.

I have no major objections to what you've viewed (except Bleach), except for the following suggestions:

- Revisit Evangelion someday, I know it's a weird/polarizing show with some annoying fans, and maybe it's just the residual philosophy lectures in my head, but the show does some neat stuff that strikes an odd contrast with all its gratuitous fanservice. You might end up like me and come out with a higher opinion of it.

- Which Macross didn't you like? If it was Frontier, you are automatically forgiven. If it was the original Macross, fuck you and die in an embarrasing autoerotic incident, you piece of shit.

- I certainly hope you're enjoying Geass purely in an ironic capacity. Enjoying Geass in a SERIOUS capacity -- only madness that way lies.

- Finish Bebop.

Other than that, well done. You are dismissed.

how about u stop watching bad cartoons you faggot nerd

Corrected, and now a valid point.

Me, I love cartoons. And not just the ones with all the tentacles and crap that Japan puts out, either. I love animation in general. It speaks to my overactive imagination like few other things can.

I usually don't participate in these threads, but I am going to recommend Golgo 13, which is an old series that has new episodes (like a remake). It is about an assassin sharpshooter, and every episode is about him making some impossible shot or orchestrating a hit and getting away with it. It's not zaney cartoon, actually pretty serious. It is cool.

ben reed you are exempt from my shit talking, because you are a fucking pimp. But the rest of these virgins need to get a grip

Back