Always fly United

Oh, this was at the rcc, not the 1st class lounge. The stupid domestic/intl shuttle doesn't start till 9, so I had an hour to kill.

This F suite is really neat though. But too many gd buttons, and I feel like an idiot. Couldn't figure out the vid screen :(. It does seem a lot more private and comfortable than C, but if I was paying $, I don't know if I would dish out another 5-10g for F over C. The real neat parts the fact that you're in the nose of the 747, so u can see forward instead of out of the side.

At any rate, help me pick my lunch TW. I have a choice of filet, sea bass, and shrimp/scallops.

yeah i have 14,000 United miles left over after i spent all my miles on a business class ticket to New Zealand. I'm flying to San Francisco next week so I should get another 6k or so roundtrip I suspect. I have about 20k files still on Northwest...need to get more...don't fly as much anymore :( I love frequent flyer programs.

Best US airline depends on what you do. UA has a FF program with great int'l upgrades. I haven't flown economy in 7 years on US asia routes, and that's 2 trips a year. Alls you gota do is fly 100k miles in a year, then buy a 1k int'l ticket, and use upgrade certs to get into business class.

Other coworkers swear by american, but their intl upgrade chances are lower, but if u use miles for tix, it doesn't matter too much.

FF programs are the best. Along with hotel programs. I'd probably quit my job if these programs weren't there.

Btw, starwood is the best program there is. I booked a standard room at the Westin Maui, and they upgraded me to the luxury suite, which was just obscene. The room had like 5 balconies, a bathroom the size of a standard room, and a full blown living and dining room. Kind of a waste for just 2 ppl, but w/e.

Last edited:
Back