Do you clean your own vehicle?

Or do you take it somewhere and have it done? I had a car wash do their 'premium package' last week, $60 for wash, wax, detail the interior. The wash was ok, wax was meh....whoever detailed the interior needs their greencard pulled and sent back across the border.

60$?? Fuck... That shit here costs 12€.

Gfg

I clean my fun car because I care about preserving the paint and it's a fun job. The daily drivers go to the wash place.

A man is not a man unless he takes car of his own vehicles.

Although - I just towed one of mine to the shop because my fucking throw out bearings failed AGAIN on one of the motherfuckers. Seriously pissing me off. Carbon fiber drive shaft is getting pulled the fuck out. Think it's introducing some bad juju vibes into the clutch assembly. So - whatever blows your skirts up ;)

Last edited:
There's some place down the street that it gets taken to if it's ever dirty enough. The inside, I keep as clean as I can which isn't easy when you have a three year old throwing shit everywhere.

A woman is not a woman unless she cleans up a 3 year olds shit throwing party. Cheerios, various toys, teething stuff, things they have stolen from moms purse, fruit roll ups, cleaning wipes, all that ammo.

What did you expect for $60 you cheap bastard. Take it to a real car detail place if you want a professional job done.

btw, best and quite easy wax is nu finish. 2nd best, and easiest is that goofy fw1 fastwax spray that peep sell in parking lots. shit really do work good, even on glass. but it dont last as long as normal wax. and normal wax dont last as long as nu finish. (retard useless wash+wax dont do shit, dont count as wax, it dont clean good either, junk).

A small car I care about I clean myself carefully. Last car was large and functional.. so car-wash machine. Wife's car (new but I don't like it) I wash rough and quick with a soft broom. I use this for washing:

s-l225.jpg

I do the whole foam cannon, twin bucket thing. It's a pain in the ass but it keeps the paint nice.

I'll probably make it easier and just buy a pile of cheap microfiber cloths instead and use each one once then switch to a fresh one for each panel.

I don't polish/wax as much as I should and it bugs me cos I love it when they are all shiny.

Vacuum it out once a year or so. I never wash it unless we get a ton of road salt on there in the winter and get a warm day, then I'll just take it to one of those quick hose it off kind of places. To me it is just a car... :shrug: Of course I live in a place where winter eats cars alive so I never really get too attached.

I typically bring my car to one of those do-it-yourself carwashing places. Cost $5 for 20 minutes of the spray thing and i do this mostly because we were in a drought and washing your car was taboo. This was pretty good because by the time i drove it home (4 miles), most of the water that is hidden in the decals and shit like that, would blow out of those areas and then i would detail it in my driveway.

I took my car to a carwash last month, got the 'works', $60., and when i got home and inspected it, spent probably 2 hours doing it to my liking.

When i was 17, i worked at a carwash. You had to work there for a while and then prove you knew wtf you were doing before you got moved to the end of the line for the simple detail section. I dont think these carwash managers do this anymore and just shove Jose at the end of the line with some wax and a rag and tell someone to tell him what to do.

btw, best and quite easy wax is nu finish. 2nd best, and easiest is that goofy fw1 fastwax spray that peep sell in parking lots. shit really do work good, even on glass. but it dont last as long as normal wax. and normal wax dont last as long as nu finish. (retard useless wash+wax dont do shit, dont count as wax, it dont clean good either, junk).

Yeah, that spray on shit does work for a simple wax job. Totally surprised. Just have to do it monthly.

Back