Tribalwar Snowboarding/Skiing 2009-2010

Golden B.C. 2008. Hands down my favorite hill to ride in western Canada.
Trying out my Lib Tech magna-traction, not a gib board like the skate banana, but the same idea. sweet for traversing.

n650275929_917740_3636.jpg

n650275929_917737_2170.jpg

n650275929_746721_7830.jpg

n650275929_917734_1172.jpg

Honestly, nothing that I can think of. TITA set the bar pretty high. But I would recommend Double Decade, Down With People, and It's Always Snowing Somewhere from last season. Picture This and Optimistic are both very solid films from 2007 that are worth finding. For the pure laughability of it, Familia from last season is almost worth a download. To see a bunch of white kids in XXXL basketball jerseys and sideways baseball caps, sliding down rails to gangsta rap is pretty hilarious.

But the one to really look forward to (and it's going to be about a year long wait at that) will be Deeper. Some of the absolutely best riders in the world hiking for their lines? Jones, Rice, De La Rue, and Moore hitting BIG lines in AK? Oh. Yeah. I can't wait.

How do they compare to "First Descent"? Its the only one i have seen so far and i liked it.

This is the million dollar question. I can't for the life of me figure out why. Anything short of heli-skiing in the Alps and he acts like I pissed in his corn flakes.
Whoa there.

I'm totally chillaxed here. You and (especially) Strega are the touchy ones.

Also heli-skiing in the Alps would be lame. The Alps are for ski mountaineering.

The BodyShot/Strega/Colosus trips may have more time on the mountain than out partying, but the focus is 80% on things to do at night. That's not a ski trip, it's a party trip that has some skiing involved.

This is completely inaccurate, the focus was not 80% based on what to do at night.

Simple Factors in planning a ski trip that 20+ people would be showing up on:

• Close to a major airport
  • Close to a major airport that doesn't have insanely high flight fee's (Aka Orange County, CA - SNA)
  • Affordable Lodging
  • Affordable Food
  • Good skiing (Doesn't have to be epic Whistler, Banff, etc. Though that would be cool)
  • Wide range in terrain. Some guys have been skiing for 20+ years, some for a few days.

So many more things to consider than just "The best place in the US/Canada to go skiing with a large group."

Is it sinking in yet?

Reno, I'd like to see you plan a ski trip and pull it off for 20 people. Maybe then you'll understand what it takes to organize a large group of people from TW who live all over the entire country.

Once again, for those people that were ACTUALLY planning on showing up last year, I/We truly apologize for not being able to plan the trip for you all, I really wanted to make it happen, it just wasn't in the cards.

Last edited:
Golden B.C. 2008. Hands down my favorite hill to ride in western Canada.
Trying out my Lib Tech magna-traction, not a gib board like the skate banana, but the same idea. sweet for traversing.

Have you been to Revelstoke yet? Cause if not, you'll change your mind. KH is great. Rev is better.

Good post Strega.

I already booked a trip to Park City December 5th - 7th. Why Park City? Because I booked the plane ride using miles, and I'm staying here 100 yards from the PayDay lift.
Chateau Apres, Park City Hotel

Why Breckenridge for the TW trip?

1. Highest peak in the USA. Elitist will have something to do.
2. Shuttle service from DIA to Breckenridge here CME Airport Ground Transportation: Vail Valley, Breckenridge, Keystone, Aspen, Snowmass.
3. Centrally located in the USA with good air fare rates to DIA.

Utah is more expensive for plane rides. I don't think the majority can afford Utah, but I do think they can afford Denver.

I was thinking of going to Breckenridge the same dates as Cervical-Krems in early January. Just waiting to see what TW does. If we go in February like we did 2 years ago, it will be more crowded but I'm ok with it. Just pick the dates and call it now so people can book the plane rides at a cheap price.

Last edited:
this thread isn't about a Tribalwar trip to go skiing. This thread is about shredding up the virgin pussy powder of a fat face that just neeeeds my banana all up on it.

uh that banana board was made for park riding

hey this isn't a retarded TW Ski trip thread.

Bodyshot if you want to have a redneck gun shoot, plan it outside of this thread

Strega, as awesome as riding on DR400s is, keep it out of here and stop making excuses for your short-comings

NGFM - ummmmmmm shush.

hey this isn't a retarded TW Ski trip thread.

Bodyshot if you want to have a redneck gun shoot, plan it outside of this thread

Strega, as awesome as riding on DR400s is, keep it out of here and stop making excuses for your short-comings

NGFM - ummmmmmm shush.

:wave: Just trying to make this thread more effective sweety.

that may be

it's not the only board setup i have, you drunk.

then why did you post:

Originally Posted by zorro
this thread isn't about a Tribalwar trip to go skiing. This thread is about shredding up the virgin pussy powder of a fat face that just neeeeds my banana all up on it.

You fucking idiot. I am guessing you ride like a chinese tourist.

Back