botters getting banned?

Nail Bomb

Banned
my roommate has been a botter for a long long long time. he has earned over 8,000 gold and 3 BOE epics.

one day he tires to log on and he was banned. No nothing at all sent or said to him until he was banned. all of his gold was sent to his account so he was fine.

I never botted myself at all ever. I only have one computer and i could never risk losing my main account. I suggested to him starting one one of the new servers thinking he was getting reported by another character. he did and made a druid (to sell what he bots. he makes a few hundred here and there) he started a druid and it leveled to 25 or so.

Today he was banned out right. Finally a few people in his guild said that they were also banned. I frequent the guilder forums and tons of people have been banned these few months. ALL of my friends that have botted have been banned but for 1.

Now i know a lot of you guys bot on here.. Have any of you been banned?

My guess is finally the warden client can detect it. Its just my guess i could be wrong. i have noticed that i havent been seeing many mindless botters while i am out trying to quest or something.. maybe they finally are cracking down.

I know a few of you have been banned since oct.. come on.. spill yer guts.

***Notice of Account Closure***

Offense: Use of Third Party Automation Software

This account has been found to have employed third party software designed to
automate many aspects of the World of Warcraft game play experience. Such
software runs contrary to the essence of World of Warcraft and provides an
advantage over other players. In addition, use of this software can lead to
exploitation and destabilization of the World of Warcraft server economy. As
such, this account has been closed and will not be reopened under any
circumstances. The recurring subscription on the account has been disabled to
prevent further charges.

Please review the World of Warcraft Terms of Use at
http://www.worldofwarcraft.com/legal/termsofuse.html, which you accepted when
you installed World of Warcraft and established the account(s). Section 2,
Paragraph C details the limitations of game play modifications and use of any
third-party or “packet sniffing” software. In addition, Section 3, Paragraph
C, parts iii and iv restrict the use of any hack, scripting or macroing software
which obtains information from World of Warcraft to gain a competitive advantage
over other players.

Any disputes or questions concerning this account action can only be addressed
by the World of Warcraft Account Administration department. To learn more about
how Account Administration is able to assist you, please visit us at
http://www.blizzard.com/support/wowaa/.

Thank you in advance for your understanding in this matter and respecting our
position and all statutes within the World of Warcraft Terms of Use.

Regards,

Zarborough
Account Administration
Blizzard Entertainment
www.WorldOfWarcraft.com

I just looked at my email after reading this since I botted all my guys except the first one. I don't give a shit since I uninstalled the game a long time ago, but the guy I sold my second account to probably won't be too happy when he sees his :O

i don't bot, and never will, because its stupid

not that i dont sympathise....the wow grind is fucking annoying but its just retarded to get your account banned and lose all the time you put in

i can see why one would bot and i have in the past on a scrub account to see what it was all about - but those who bot shouldn't bitch when they get banned

So i applaud you for at least being responsible and accepting the banning becasue well, you did cheat and you know that :)

just checked my email and my botting account was banned last night, haha

oh well it was fun while it lasted, got up to 52

looking at the glider forums it looks like.. well.. a ton of people got banned, most I've ever seen

i myself used glider 24/7 for about 2 months

but when i got the banstick it was for account sharing :sunny:

no mention of third party programs even though i fished up hundreds of stonescales, and used it to get 100+ levels. no, it was logging on my friend's account to make flasks that got me banned :)

Sounds lie Blizzard's just dropping any technicalitie over making a strong case to prove botting before being banned. I'm assuming those banned now just get banned with an email stating why they were banned.

I find it interesting it took this long for them to really crack down on botting, but then I suspect it's because of TBC. They know people will be re-grinding BE pallies and Draenei shammies and they are probably tyring to make sure people don't bot them out in a fairly quick and consistent manner.

Sounds lie Blizzard's just dropping any technicalitie over making a strong case to prove botting before being banned. I'm assuming those banned now just get banned with an email stating why they were banned.

I find it interesting it took this long for them to really crack down on botting, but then I suspect it's because of TBC. They know people will be re-grinding BE pallies and Draenei shammies and they are probably tyring to make sure people don't bot them out in a fairly quick and consistent manner.

They've had HUGE waves of bans previously. This is just another wave, although from the buzz it sounds like a big wave.

The thing folks arent expecting tho, is that they will do more than ban your botting account: they will ban ALL accounts affiliated with that person.

Their target are gold farmers and leveling services. Period.

Previously, they have never had any clear system for 100% finding Glider without directly observing you. In other words, historically, they have reports of people being seen gliding... then once in a while they go around checking on people... and then a huge wave of bans come at the same time.

This may be something similar OR perhaps they finally have a way to check on actual Glider running. I donno (dont care).

If they have a 100% sure way to verify bot usage without observing, then they will ban first and not even accept appeals. However, my suspicion is that even if they had such a way to flag Glider use through raw software detection, they are still doing a direct observation to confirm.

But once you're caught... ALL accounts affiliated with that person or credit card will potentially get axed.

I just looked at my email after reading this since I botted all my guys except the first one. I don't give a shit since I uninstalled the game a long time ago, but the guy I sold my second account to probably won't be too happy when he sees his :O

rofl, i hope he doesnt have your contact info ;P

Hehe, so they are banning accounts by association now? That's totally fucking over people who bought accounts now too, pretty amusing. I still think it's not a coincidence this is coming on the heels of the last patch to expansion and release.

this was posted in a why am i banned thread, original post was this
I'll keep this short.

My friend woke up banned this morning (I really don't know why. The other posts leads me to believe botting but I've never seen it considering we level together consistently). He filed a complain and protest to WoW but if he doesn't win his protest, then if he buys another WoW account will he get banned since he's using the same IP and CC info that his alleged botting account had?

this is the responce a Blizzard Post put

Hello Kakcik,

The answer to this question will largely depend on your friend. Assuming that he follows the Terms of Use with his next account he should be fine. One further thing to consider though is that if indeed his last account was closed for botting, then he will first need to be positive that his computer is now free from any such software.

scanning hd to find illegal programs? gaaaaaaaay

Yeah there's a huge ban wave. I lost 2 accounts about a month ago and i've been hand leveling a new one since. I know Blizzard is proud that they're killing off so many OMG BOTTERS, but I can't help but think they're shooting themselves in the foot. A lot of people in 1337 end game guilds have been banned and it's causing a lot of trouble.

Not to mention, gold prices are gonna be sky high and the Auction Houses are going to be noticably dry.

I used to let a lot of friends use my account for transmutes/engineering/farming.

I'm at the nailbiting stage because I don't know if any of them ever used a bot... I don't know how far back Blizz is going with records of IP's, etc. :scared:

They've had HUGE waves of bans previously. This is just another wave, although from the buzz it sounds like a big wave.

The thing folks arent expecting tho, is that they will do more than ban your botting account: they will ban ALL accounts affiliated with that person.

Their target are gold farmers and leveling services. Period.

Previously, they have never had any clear system for 100% finding Glider without directly observing you. In other words, historically, they have reports of people being seen gliding... then once in a while they go around checking on people... and then a huge wave of bans come at the same time.

This may be something similar OR perhaps they finally have a way to check on actual Glider running. I donno (dont care).

If they have a 100% sure way to verify bot usage without observing, then they will ban first and not even accept appeals. However, my suspicion is that even if they had such a way to flag Glider use through raw software detection, they are still doing a direct observation to confirm.

But once you're caught... ALL accounts affiliated with that person or credit card will potentially get axed.

no direct observation, its fully detected now

Back