3.1 changes

The new Molten Armor is crap.

What change are they making to Molten Armor?
Oh, I missed the spirit change. I thought it was only on the glyph. Heh. Oh well, with the glyph I will get more from it than I get now.

Last edited:
You get a retadin who dual-specs Holy, he'll whine and cry about having to heal. But when he/she swaps out his healing will be so horrible the group will wipe left and right anyway.
I'm planning on adding Holy as my secondary for PvP. I'll just pretend I can't heal in raids or dungeons.

- Level JC if you haven't already. Spend 1-2k (max) to go 1-330+ and be high enough to do basically everything you need to do to use prismatic gems.
- Spend 2 weeks' tokens on the few good recipes you'll want that sell like hotcakes (delicate+bolt ruby, luminous+veiled topaz, insightful earthsiege) then if you don't care about getting more recipes you make about 120g in 5-10mins every day killing no more than 5 mobs for the JC daily. In less than a month you'll pay for the cost of powerleveling it.
- Look at the price of cut vs uncut gems and go into a market where you'll make enough for it to be worth the time. I personally only fuck with orange, purple and red gems and only mess with others if I get really bored or end up with more than a stack of uncut green/blue/yellow gems (or I'll cut a bunch and put them in our guild vault, only out maybe 20g that way so no biggie).
- I buy orange uncut gems for 20g then cut and relist for no less than 35g. I buy uncut purple gems for 15-20g and relist cut gems for 30-35+. I also buy any red gems under 70g and relist for 90-100g buyouts.
- Metas are also nice, you can buy skyflares cheap and cut to Chaotics that sometimes sell nicely. They're down to 30-35g on Tich now so I have a stack sitting around waiting for prices to go up. Earthsiege I buy for 30g uncut and relist as Beaming/Insightful/Relentless that sell for at least 60g once cut.
- If you have an enchanter you can also make shitter rings that require a couple green-quality gems and some crystallized earth and then in turn sell stacks of enchanting mats that are overpriced. My main is JC+Enchanting =D

90 minutes or so per week at the AH for 1-2k profit (counting gold also made in raids).

- Non JC way to make big bank is to buy out cheap Dragonfin Angelfish and cook 40str or 40agi food. Warriors and Rogues don't use feasts in raids because dragonfin shit is better so those always sell. I buy stacks of fish for 30-45g, cook them with northern spices I get doing dailies, and resell the stacks for 110g for a nice 50-60g profit.

- Even if you have 50 of an item don't put them all on the AH at once. I normally only put 2-3 of any gem cut or stack of food up at once and toss another up whenever one sells. The times I'm lazy and just throw up 10 gems I almost guarantee someone will undercut me and half of them will come back in 2 days.

Most professions have a trick or two in order to make easy money, just find one that isn't already being exploited and make some easy gold. If you can't necessarily make a lot with crafted or cut items then if you have a gathering profession you can make a lot there as well. Herbalism is $$$$, mining can be but it's nothing like it was 2 months ago. Enchanting you can make scrolls that are always in high demand for the lazy.

Thanks.

I have an alt that's already 375/375 Chanting/JC from BC. I'd heard this was uber profitable but I figured everyone was already doing it. Maybe it's time to pick it up again.

Death Knight (3.1 Skills List / 3.1 Talent + Glyph Calc.)
Frost

* Howling Blast cooldown has been reduced from 10 sec to 8 sec.
* Rime now has a 15% chance to reset the cooldown on Howling Blast and cause your next Howling Blast to consume no runes.

Unholy

* Death Strike damage has been lowered, it now deals 60% weapon damage (down from 75%) plus 178.2 (down from 222.75) for Rank 5.
* Night of the Dead has been moved from Tier 8 to Tier 4.
* Ghoul Frenzy has been moved from Tier 6 to Tier 7.
* Master of Ghouls has been moved from Tier 4 to Tier 6.

Druid (3.1 Skills List / 3.1 Talent + Glyph Calc.)
Feral

* Primal Gore doesn't affect Rake anymore.

Restoration

* Revitalize now gives your Rejuvenation and Wild Growth spells have a 5/10/15% chance to restore 8 Energy, 4 Rage, 1% Mana or 16 Runic Power per tick. (Old - No info on the % in the tooltip)

Mage (3.1 Skills List / 3.1 Talent + Glyph Calc.)
Fire

* Living Bomb AOE damage has been greatly increased. Rank 3 now deals 690 Fire damage (up from 306) to all enemies within 10 yards.
* Molten Armor now increases your critical strike rating by 35% of your spirit. (Up from 25%)
* Improved Scorch now Increases your chance to critically hit with Scorch, Fireball and Frostfire Bolt by an additional 1/2/3%. (Old - Scorch only, 3/6/9%)

Frost

* Ice Barrier now prevents spellcasting from being delayed by damage. (Old - prevented spells from interruption)
* Winter's Chill now also Increases your chance to critically hit with Frostbolt by an additional 1/2/3%.

Paladin (3.1 Skills List / 3.1 Talent + Glyph Calc.)
Retribution

* Seal of the Martyr now makes all your melee attacks deal [ 48% of weapon damage ] (up from 22%) additional Holy damage. Unleashing this Seal's energy instantly causes [ 11% of AP + 18% of Spell Power + 26% of min weapon damage ] to [ 11% of AP + 18% of Spell Power + 26% of max weapon damage ] (Down from 16/25/36%) Holy damage at the cost of health equal to 33% of the damage caused.
* Seal of Blood now makes all your melee attacks deal [ 48% of weapon damage ] (up from 22%) additional Holy damage. Unleashing this Seal's energy instantly causes [ 11% of AP + 18% of Spell Power + 26% of min weapon damage ] to [ 11% of AP + 18% of Spell Power + 26% of max weapon damage ] (Down from 16/25/36%) Holy damage at the cost of health equal to 33% of the damage caused.
* Crusader's Strike has been reverted back to normal - An instant strike that causes 110% weapon damage.

Protection

* Divine Guardian *New Talent* - Tier 4 - Improve the effectiveness of your Divine Sacrifice spell by an additional 5/10% and increases the duration of your Sacred Shield by 50/100% and the amount absorbed by 10/20%.

Rogue (3.1 Skills List / 3.1 Talent + Glyph Calc.)
Assassination

* Lethality now affects all combo point-generating abilities. (Old - all combo moves)

Shaman (3.1 Skills List / 3.1 Talent + Glyph Calc.)
Elemental

* Totem of Wrath range has been changed from 30 to 40 yards.

Warrior (3.1 Skills List / 3.1 Talent + Glyph Calc.)
Arms

* Shattering Throw will now reduce the armor on the target by 20% for 10 sec or remove any invulnerabilities. (Old - reduced armor AND removed any invulnerabilities)
* Bladestorm will now instantly Whirlwind up to 4 nearby targets.
* Juggernaut now affects both Slam and Mortal Strike

Fury

* Improved Berserker Stance now increases strength by 4/8/12/16/20%. (Up from 3/6/9/12/15%)

Protection

* Improved Defensive Stance now increases Physical damage caused by 5/10% for 12 sec. (Old - melee damage)

Would be interesting to see some prot warrs in 3s. Doubt it'll happen though. Juggernaut /w Imp intercept specs will be interesting though.

Prot's been pretty good, but the changes to Warbringer make it much more appealing to me :>

My 3's (DK/Pally/War) will be trying 3s with Prot, with me as much more of a CC class.. we'll see how it goes.

You can still get Imp. Intercept and Juggernaut, you just sacrifice Bladestorm

Might be viable in a 3s environment... don't think it'll work in 2s though as we don't do enough damage to pressure a kill otherwise

My favorite things of the entire patch aren't even related to Ulduar.

Fishing and cooking are finally easier and something I will actually level up now. Also, all the UI changes are amazing (dual talents, new talent ui, outfitter, etc).

Back