Post WOTLK Powerful Classes?

Please rate the top 3 most powerful classes in NO PARTICULAR ORDER. In other words, what 3 classes do you feel might have a bit of an edge over some of the others (i.e. stronger, more versatile, more useful, or more deadly).

You don't need to get so specific. PvP, PvE, 1 vs 1, 2 vs 2, whatever... It doesn't matter. Just what classes are strong now in general?

I'm curious cus I'm thinking about playing again. Is the death knight uber? Is the mage actually worth playing now?

s5 sucks? thats what ive been waiting to hear. no point in playing again i guess.

funny how mage is suddenly good in arena though

Nobody has resil so the burst classes are out damaging what the healers can heal through.
If you had played in S1 when resilience levels were even less, you would know that this problem will not be resolved with resilience levels. It will certainly be mitigated, but the damage output right now is completely broken.

It's going to be a long season if you aren't a mage, ret paladin, rogue, or dk.

I mean I think I'll still be able to struggle to Glad as shaman warrior but I just can't wait for all the cheese 20 point losses on Org arena at the hands of 2 BM hunters or 2 rogues or some shit. I just love the fact that my warrior in full 80 epics and the best weapon in the game can't do half the burst of a ret paladin in blues with a crafted weapon. I mean shit still dies fast, but it's scary to think that I could be killing cloth in 2 gcds.

s5 sucks? thats what ive been waiting to hear. no point in playing again i guess.

funny how mage is suddenly good in arena though
This is the kind of statement that I think is responsible for the way this season is.

Let's look at the facts: if you were a good mage, you had extremely powerful comps in all 3 brackets...but the class took some finesse and multitasking--something good players embraced.

Yet all Blizz sees are the hordes of whiny keyboard turners who want to be able to press 2 buttons and 2 shot people, and the result is a broken class.

A system that punishes people for being bad is fine by me...the good mages / ret pallies would have been fine.

Rogue is beyond me though...rogue was one of the best classes s3/4...I'm not sure what justifies being granted the ability to smack their dicks on the keyboard and 3 shot people...

It's just a cheese season...oh well.

well if no one has resil yet that would explain things. bliz really should just give everyone free arena gear only usable in arena... its not like the goal is the gear anyway.

a lot of people seem to think no matter how much resillience people get you will still die in 2 seconds. They need like a blanket 25% damage reduction in PvP atm.

well if no one has resil yet that would explain things. bliz really should just give everyone free arena gear only usable in arena... its not like the goal is the gear anyway.
That would take away the epeen of arena kiddies though that brag about having weapons or shoulders, but I guess Blizzard saying they won't make arena gear look as nice anymore might do that as well.

I think playing with Adren's guild where they had a lot of weak PVPers showed me what the arena system could do: people had to bust ass to get a certain rating to get weapons or shoulders, but to get to that rating they had to beat a large number of teams that already had said weapons and shoulders and were at a gear disadvantage on top of potential comp disadvantages.

You can buy a blue set of PVP gear for next to nothing, and PVE'ers can buy the ilvl200 arena epics with emblems of valor (25man raid badges). They made it so you can take either route but still you'd think that people would want a level playing field and that would force Blizzard to give people full free sets of gear for arena-only which defeats the point of a gear grind. Right now with the exception of weapons it's mostly outclassed by heroic and 10man raid gear outside arena. Maybe in another season or two it'll be back to TBC levels where people are practically required to sit through 10 games each week to keep up with PVE min-maxing, but that's not the case today or any time this season.

That would take away the epeen of arena kiddies though that brag about having weapons or shoulders, but I guess Blizzard saying they won't make arena gear look as nice anymore might do that as well.

I think playing with Adren's guild where they had a lot of weak PVPers showed me what the arena system could do: people had to bust ass to get a certain rating to get weapons or shoulders, but to get to that rating they had to beat a large number of teams that already had said weapons and shoulders and were at a gear disadvantage on top of potential comp disadvantages.

You can buy a blue set of PVP gear for next to nothing, and PVE'ers can buy the ilvl200 arena epics with emblems of valor (25man raid badges). They made it so you can take either route but still you'd think that people would want a level playing field and that would force Blizzard to give people full free sets of gear for arena-only which defeats the point of a gear grind. Right now with the exception of weapons it's mostly outclassed by heroic and 10man raid gear outside arena. Maybe in another season or two it'll be back to TBC levels where people are practically required to sit through 10 games each week to keep up with PVE min-maxing, but that's not the case today or any time this season.
The difference between S3 and S4 weapons was not significant enough to justify attributing the inability to hit 2050 to gear. Comp is also a weak argument at that rating level...you don't see that mattering until 2200+ when most teams aren't making stupid mistakes. The field was level last time. There was no "glass ceiling" created by the weapons.

Last season was fine...now we can have some stupid fucking keyboard turning mouth breathing raider with 3/5 Deadly wearing gear that has rating requirements he will never get close to.

But I guess it's consistent with Blizzard's apparent desire to make their game accessible not to casual players, but to BAD players.

Not that it matters...any 25 retards who can listen for 5 seconds can clear the current 25 man content, so they'll all have the weapons anyway.

if its about bragging rights they can offer cosmetic shit if you reach certain ratings like tabards and different looking cloaks/shoulders (with same stats as free ones).

free gear would defeat the point of a gear grind in any other situation except arena which already has the rating grind.

they should also add a comp ladder to battlegrounds and eliminate the honor system completely.

problem is - full resilience is going to help the issue, but not totally fix it. damage is still going to be out of control. and the classes that can completely stop damage (mage/pally) are going to be overpowered.

I'm not even going to bother with it, then again I haven't tried in arena since the first half of season1. If I get laid off this upcoming spring maybe I'll think about it, but until then I don't have time to waste doing something I don't enjoy. I'll stick to battlegrounds, world PVP and raiding until then.

I'm not even going to bother with it, then again I haven't tried in arena since the first half of season1. If I get laid off this upcoming spring maybe I'll think about it, but until then I don't have time to waste doing something I don't enjoy. I'll stick to battlegrounds, world PVP and raiding until then.

It's hard for shadow priests to be useful in arena. I went shadow season 3/4, but I'm waiting to see what happens in the few months. If something happens with shadow making it useful, I'll do it, if not, looks like I'll be going disc/holy.

healing is pretty useless too, my resto shaman is just paly/dk fodder
Healing is not useless at all if you're any good at it.

Cheese is pretty OP right now but it's not unbeatable if the cheesers aren't any good. My shaman partner with 100 resilience who just hit 80 the day after the season started can last a good while; I just have to peel for him more than I normally would with a shaman partner.

I'm starting to think it's actually going to be a lot better with resil. I still don't think it's as good as S4 balance but meh, after playing a bit more it's just a lot harder, but not impossible.

I sure fucking wish I was a mage right now though :p

Back