Titan's Grip is Hilarious

Or, you know, read one of the two logs posted.

przn said:
isnt deep wounds limited to one application at a time? meaning every 6 seconds you get 50% of your weapon damage dealt as a bleed. Tooltip says "46% of weapon damage done over 6 seconds"

Sentence starts with "isnt" and ends with a question mark. Critical thinking champ.

I saw the excessive damage on the logs, so i asked a question. Also the logs dont answer my question about arms vs fury - it only answers that question about DW.

Is there anyone who knows anything about raiding as arms? preferably someone who isn't a forum warrior from 1998.

Ret is "broken" so players will take Ret seriously as a DPS spec. I'm sure it will be fine-tuned to be a little less ridiculous. Also, this will force players to learn better ways to deal with Ret Paladins in PvP.

As usual it's 99% QQ and 1% "hey, how do I counter that as X class?"

the reason everyone is QQ is because most know the answer to your proposed question. Roll a Ret pally. Not everyone wants to do that. Dick.

I do like how this thread began with TG (blows) and ended up on ret paladins.

resilience is fine - it was never the reason some matches lasted 30+ minutes. that would be due to the comp (typically druid/x vs druid/x). i hope they actually buff resilience somehow so that it gets to the point where you'd be at a big disadvantage if you were using pve gear instead of an advantage like it is now. perhaps make it reduce all damage taken by a % along with the crit negation?

also, "Getting a lucky crit and rocking someone is fun as hell." is pretty dumb, sorry.

Have you played a squishy before? Obviously not.

From a locks POV a "lucky crit" = possibility of not getting rolled on. Small possibility.

Also your idea for res translates to, "Want to casual pvp? GTFO"

what's your idea of casual pvp? because as it is now, you're perfectly fine, and sometimes at an advantage, in bg's or average rated arenas if you're in full pve gear. yeah, if you're fighting people in full pvp gear that are actually good, you might have some problems depending on what class you/they are..... but isn't that the point? Pve gear = best at pve, pvp gear = best at pvp? /shrug

Last edited:
I think gear is a stupid reward for PvP, and your ability to PvP should be independant of your gear.

So if there is going to be specific PvP stats it should come on gear that anyone can just buy off a vendor. The rewards should be more like dynamic territorial control ala Eve and to a lesser extent WAR, or something similar. BGs are stupid, resil in its current incarnation is stupid.

I think it'd be hard to find a good way to do pvp gear without including a special pvp-only stat. PreTBC pvp was retarded in that the best gear was always from pve because of this. r14 gear was nice, but was still inferior to what you could obtain from higher end pve (not to mention the itemization for the pvp stuff was retarded. No healing sets, spell damage/melee mixed together, etc). They tried dumping more stamina and a little extra armor on the pvp stuff, but the offensive stats you gained from PvE sets was better than that slightly higher hp (not to mention the stam bonus was basically gone once you got to the AQ/T3 since they had the same amount or more plus extremely higher offensive stats).

I think the only way to make everyone truly happy would be some sort of new pvp server type that was all about pvp progression or something and take out pvp gear from the other servers. Dunno.

Back