In this thread you will post your TBC character specs then explain what the spec does

Sir Lucius

Veteran XX
First I give you a handy link to the talent calculator so you can be nice and quick about it.

It'd also be nice if you linked your builds like this 31/20/10 instead of like this http://www.worldof..........923029337ffhfei298hr239rhf2 so it's easier to read.

Now we will post the specs using classes we've actually played to at least 50ish. Then we will explain why we are doing this and if we just want to try a gimmick build. I will start.

Hunter: 13/10/38
This is my super snare, melee special fun time trap build hunter. This is a gimmick build to support ranged classes. I immobilize the target and then they are forced to go after me. But I will have super awesome abilities to mitigate damage and anything that gets in melee range won't get away. I'm doing this build first because there's so much stuff I want to try I figure it will be best to go with something less awesome than 41 points into beast.

Mage: 0/41/20
This is a serious build that is excellent for PVE, and contains the greatest of abilities of PVP, the mage bomb. But when you add in dragon's breath to the mix it is more like the mage nuclear warhead. I'm currently 0/30/20 at level 59. I've tried going 31 points into ice and I hated it -- 3 hours later I specced back to fire/shatter. For grinding I usually open with a rank1 frost bolt, then spam scorch into frost nova, back up a pyroblast. Shatter pyroblasts are nice. If I hit enough impacts or scorch crits then I'll just fireblast shatter. Thus I am just expanding on this.

At 70 I'll have blazing speed, a fun toy for AoE farming, and tier 7 and 9 and just amazing. I'm really looking forward to a molten fury pyroblast shatter -- 2300 pyroblast crits with 900 damage ignites. Probably a little overkill though, but that's only rank 8 pyro. At rank 9 it's just outright.

And of course dragon's breath. Better than blastwave damage, and on a shorter cooldown. That's good enough for me, but they decided to add a 3second disorient on top of that. Sex. Ignite will probably break it, but they'll also probably be dead anyways.

i haven't even looked up what the BC talents for a shaman will be like, because i'm worried that they might cause me to re-roll

i'll just grin and bear it when it finally happens...

I imagine i will level as feral, and then depending on itemisation will play whatever is most useful to raiding/pvp.

Warlock:
35/5/21 PvE DPS. Very similar to SM/Ruin cause that's the only worthwhile PvE spec in the game still. The 41 point afflicition talent blows. Our 41 point demonology tree gives us a new pet, and I'm sure it will blow donkey nuts, but if it ends up useful(for MS or whatever) you may see raids permit a single warlock to spec along the lines of 9/41/11
Of course, you cant rule out the awesome new pvp abilities for your firelocks :) 8/5/48(I can hear people crying already to nerf Nether Protections and Backlash)

Druids:
My alt is a druid, only reason I play him now is when we are realy short in BWL or AQ40. I can heal well enough, and pretty much lost sight of any damage specs be it balance or feral. But for healing, balance has a few talents that are very desireable for mana control. 33/0/28

Unstable Affliction severly changes PvP. They have complete control over whether or not Fears, Roots, Snares, or DoTs stick on the enemy.

Unstable Affliction severly changes PvP. They have complete control over whether or not Fears, Roots, Snares, or DoTs stick on the enemy.

It's magic so the only person it will affect is priests, and it is a 1.5 sec cast time which makes it very impractical to use PvP for an affliction lock. The damage of it does not justify the cast time, and Priests will learn to not dispell if it becomes too common

I dont know, blizzard didnt give me any 41 point talents that are worth a damn(unless i went protection - Warrior). So 31/30 was going to be the spec, but blizz didnt want this, so they moved TM. And their reasoning is they didnt want to pigeon hole warriors into 31/30. Instead of making the arms and fury 41 point talents worth a shit. sigh

May be goin back to my paly :(

Last edited:
And paladins. Don't you see how powerful that is? You do understand how many snares and roots are magic? "If it becomes to common, priests will learn to not dispel" - don't you see that's the entire point. It prevents support classes from using their abilities. But by all means, please go convince all the warlocks you see that it's worthless.

Ok please go spec 41 afflicition and show you can own shit better than any other spec.

It's worthless because there are better areas you can invest points in. And apparently youve never really done PvP on a warlock, since you have no clue how we use our abilities in it.

0/31/30

This is going to be my serious build for staying with fury, and being able to handle whatever hateful creatures get thrown my way in 25 mans, as we don't yet know the role/future of fury warriors. Besides, 10% extra dps through 1h spec will make up for the loss of impale from my current 17/34 build.

I enjoy tanking, so it will be nice to be able to be even more versatile and be able to do whatever challenges set before me in BC.

0/31/30

This is going to be my serious build for staying with fury, and being able to handle whatever hateful creatures get thrown my way in 25 mans, as we don't yet know the role/future of fury warriors. Besides, 10% extra dps through 1h spec will make up for the loss of impale from my current 17/34 build.

I enjoy tanking, so it will be nice to be able to be even more versatile and be able to do whatever challenges set before me in BC.

plz link your proposed spec.

Warrior:

32/24/5

Tentative MS/Death Wish build for maximum PvP utility. The extra point in Arms was leftover and I couldn't think of anywhere better to put it except to finish Improved Charge. (Improved Bloodrage was tempting, though, for 2 point investment...maybe I'll give it a shot in BC)

Basically MS/Enrage with the obligatory Tactical Mastery and the added bonus es of Death Wish (2 min cooldown to spam for extra raid DPS, as well as an extra fear break/desperation skill in PvP), as well as one of my personal WoW wet dreams for a long time, Improved Intercept (I coulda specced Fury to get it but I refuse to play this game without Mortal Strike...besides, my Fury gear is garbage). 20 sec Intercept + Charge + the addition of Intervene is going to be SICK for PvP mobility and interrupt.

Endless Rage is...well, it's not that tempting outside of PvE, kinda. 5 minute cooldown for 10 seconds of burst damage that's only really useful for Execute spam just doesn't strike me as worth passing up the raw "anytime" utility of Improved Intercept and Death Wish (Improved Intercept has PvE utility as well, particularly on annoying fights where you have to re-charge mobs with no aggro list, and Death Wish offers you the much more spammable 20% damage boost in PvE and an extra fear break on Death Knights and such to boot). Blood Frenzy would be okay as a ghetto raid debuff, I guess, but until I see just how long PvP fights will be extended with the lessened damage, I dunno how useful it will be for, say, 5v5 arenas. I will admit that Second Wind is definitely hot, though, if only to make Warrior vs. Rogue even more lawltastic.

Sucks that I have to put 5 points into Prot for Tac Mastery instead of getting Flurry, but otherwise I think this spec looks like my best bet for initial TBC play. Until we go beyond theorycraft to actual implementation, I don't see any reason to change it.

LOLdamagedin 19/0/42 Thinking about getting 5/5 Illumination and 2/3 Empowered Judgement as an alternative build.

http://www.worldofwarcraft.com/info...000000000000000000000000052303510003311531051

Warlock- going to be one of these 3. If I don't like Fel Guard I'll probably go with #2. I doubt I'll ever do heavy destruction again.
#1 FELLLLLLLLLLLLLL GUUARRRRRRRRRRDDDDDDDDD + live forever 5/42/14

http://www.worldofwarcraft.com/info...002050030133250100551051055000310000000000000

#2 ZOMG DOTS 43/7/11

http://www.worldofwarcraft.com/info...012050000000000000000000505000010000000000000

#3 Should have rolled a mage 5/13/43

http://www.worldofwarcraft.com/info...002350000003000000000000555000510200510131351

Back