How good is your hearing?

As a 25 year old musician, I can hear up to the 19 kHz sound, after that only able to hear what I assume to be the background noise.

Tested this on laptop speakers (only got to 14 kHz), shitty stereo cable surround sound system (up to 16 kHz), and on optical out 5.1 and Logitech G35 headphones (up to 19 kHz).

I don't think my LX-3000 headset does higher than 14k, which I could hear just fine but => 15k doesn't make any sound but the "click" of it starting and stopping audio playback.

This really isn't a good test of hearing, just your soundcard.

I can hear all but 22. The first 20 are annoying sounds that I can feel in the back of my neck. :<

edit: I can hear 22 if i turn my volume to the maximum....does that count?

most speakers/headphones wont play past 20k

that said, on my headphones (sony mdr hd 7509s) that can play up to 80k ... i can only hear 19k

funny, years back i could hear almost 21k :|

As a 25 year old musician, I can hear up to the 19 kHz sound, after that only able to hear what I assume to be the background noise.

Tested this on laptop speakers (only got to 14 kHz), shitty stereo cable surround sound system (up to 16 kHz), and on optical out 5.1 and Logitech G35 headphones (up to 19 kHz).

yea same thing, 26yo musician / sound engineer

Last edited:
I can BARELY hear the 16 and then that's it

and this is with my ears still ringing from the concert I was at last night
I thought my hearing sucked....guess it isn't as bad as I thought

brb, going to re-measure my dick

most speakers/headphones wont play past 20k

I thought 24k was the standard.

I can hear 22 if I turn off the AC and the ceiling fan. I'm 25. Spent my entire youth with head phones on cranked up to eleven. I stopped doing that around 19ish.

Last edited:
i can hear the sound up to 15 then at 16 i can only hear clicks and some work others don't

fun fact: when your ears are ringing that is when you lose a frequency of sound.

I heard them all but 10 oddly 10 was not even slightly audible. above 14 is very quiet and to prove I could hear them I pointed when the sound file ended so they could visually see I heard the sound.

I heard 14kHz just fine, but 15 and beyond... nada.

Klipsch 2.1 speakers, Asus Xonar DS soundcard, or cable(s) possibly limiting it?

p.s. It was giving me a headache :\ Fuck that shit.

Last edited:
I can hear them all. Anything above 17 though becomes less of something I hear, and more of something I sense. Like when you walk out into the living room at 1:00am and the TV's left on with the volume muted and nothing on the screen, and you can sense the whine of the television and feel compelled to shut it off.

I thought 24k was the standard.

I can hear 22 if I turn off the AC and the ceiling fan. I'm 25. Spent my entire youth with head phones on cranked up to eleven. I stopped doing that around 19ish.

typically its gauged more on the low response rather than the highs.

my headphones are 5-80000, which is beyond exceptional.

i wouldnt expect most people to have anything outside the typically audible range of 20-20000

right as i saw this thread my ears started ringing

edit: i can barely hear 15k, after that its nothing

Last edited:
K so this time I turned up the volume and, while barely hearing it, everything from 19kHz up I can feel it like a spike pushing on my ear drums.

On normal comfortable volume level the 19kHz is what I hear 24/7. If I listen to complete silence.

Back