Libya is falling/fallen.

one thing I don't understand is that with international invention via airstrikes, how Gaddafi has not completely lost yet

I mean holy shit, 5+ western countries with carriers and modern jet fighters and shit running around the clock hitting targets has not wiped out his military yet? really?

the Iraq war was over in like a week due to airstrikes, both times

what makes the Libyan military so strong? honest question. several western countries mounting repeated air attacks should've flattened that shit ages ago

Gaddafi has absolute popular support and there are like a few thousand rebels agitated on by the CIA, hence not enough boots on the ground.

one thing I don't understand is that with international invention via airstrikes, how Gaddafi has not completely lost yet

I mean holy shit, 5+ western countries with carriers and modern jet fighters and shit running around the clock hitting targets has not wiped out his military yet? really?

what makes the Libyan military so strong? honest question. several western countries mounting repeated air attacks should've flattened that shit ages ago

There are around 1,000 rebels that are poorly armed and run away when an artillery shell or mortar hits within 500 yards of them. Plus coalition forces have not been able to use airstrikes due to the weather over the last few days in order to 'help' the rebels.

because they have only attacked targets that were threatening civilian populations or that entered the no fly zone. They have completely decimated Qaddafis forces anywhere they have hit. They've basically disconnected eastern and western libya but they do not want to remove qaddafi from power by force, so theyre hoping to push him out through diplomatic means + the security resolution which will basically keep him from crushing the rebel strongholds in the east.

Last edited:
You can't make these pics up

680_25.jpg

Pro-democracy forces in Libya say at least 10 of their fighters have been killed in a NATO air strike on the outskirts of the eastern town of Brega, as the battle rages on for control of the oil port.

Al Jazeera's Laurence Lee, reporting from the eastern city of Benghazi, said his team was told that Gaddafi's forces have stopped using tanks "because they can be easily spotted by NATO airplanes".

Whoops we did it again

Libyan rebels hit by NATO air attack - Africa - Al Jazeera English

A NATO air attack has hit a Libyan rebel position near the eastern oil town of Brega, killing at least five fighters, according to rebel fighters and a hospital worker.

Thursday's attack also left at least 10 others wounded, witnesses and correspondents of the AFP news agency said.

*"We were standing by our tanks and NATO fired two rockets at us," said one, Salem Mislat. "NATO are liars. They are siding with Gaddafi."

Back