Ulduar

Yeah try this rogue who was in my Nexus group I was healing earlier today. His DPS was terrible, he we solidly at the bottom only a bit worse than a huntard and solidly beaten by the tank DK who was more or less in quest greens.

Seriously even really new people will see Malice and take it because more crit = more damage. Not sure why he went so far into combat without taking any weapon specs either. Funny thing is his glyphs speak better CC and evasion, but I was healing him as much as I was healing the tank and I never saw him sap any of the mobs. Hell I don't think he even used Killing Spree.

Spent the night doing Firefighter attempts. P3 seems to be giving us the most trouble. We enter at 6 mins to enrage, and exit with less than 2 mins. It was taking forever to pull the head down due to untimely fires, or bad LoS from the tank. It's been fun though.

We had a killer week last week. Managed to nail XT, Steelbreaker last and Vezax hard modes in 3 raid night. Tonight we final laid the hammer down on 4 tower flame levi :] Probably going to work on 1 light in the darkness this week too.

Going to try GV Harde Mode this week on 10 man, so far we've been able to nail down everything we've tried but I have a feeling we'll be banging our heads against the wall on this one for a couple hours.

Any thoughts from those that have taken him down on hard?

Any thoughts from those that have taken him down on hard?

It'll be 100x easier than you think it's going to be.

I was dreading the night we were first attempting hard mode vezyx, since I was healing. I think we got it on our 3rd try (first two were clumsy interrupts).

Quick Q...We're going to work on yogg but soon, we want to try some hard modes.

If we do hard mode Vezax, does he melee you while he's immune? Am trying to figure out all of the mechanics and all the strats just says "he keeps on doing what he's doing."

But if he keeps on doing Surge, doesn't it mean that he keeps on melee'ing?

If we do hard mode Vezax, does he melee you while he's immune? Am trying to figure out all of the mechanics and all the strats just says "he keeps on doing what he's doing."

Off the top of my head, he keeps casting shadow crash (will one shot anyone when the add is out) and probably mark of the faceless. I don't think you have to worry about melee though. I recall our raid members wanted a healer to keep vezyx targeted when the add came out so that DBM would announce the shadow crash. Which would lead me to believe everyone is on the add when it's up.

Vezax is one of the most difficult (dps check) hardmodes, you'll want to do the freebie ones like Hodir and Thorim first. We haven't tried Steelbreaker/Council yet but it looks like it might be the easiest one now that it's been nerfed.

We just started working on Vezax hardmode last week and our best was 8% on the Animus before we died to the stacking debuffs. Too many ranged eating the 1shot shadow crashes that are easy as fuck to see coming and crash on melee caused almost every wipe last week. I had connectivity issues so I was only in for a few attempts before chain-dc'ing became an issue. We had a mage using focus macros to DPS the animus while targeting Vezax for DBM warnings, a healer using only mouseover spells would be equally good.

0% / 1% / 1% wipe on 25man Hardmode Mimiron...

Give me a fucking break. I hate this boss.

Last edited:
Back