Ulduar

I miss the old celebrations on fights like Huhuran, Emps, C'Thun, and Gothik, getting them down for the first time. It felt so epic. It only took us a few attempts to kill Vezax for the first time, and on vent a couple people said "Nice!" and our raid leader said "Great job all.. if you step into the next room I'll kick you from the fucking raid" and that was about it.

Sigh :/

Hah I remember MC runs like that. Just killing Luci for the first time and everyone losing their damn minds on vent. Finally getting enough tranq shots to progress, and like 2 hours just placing people in the right spots for Rag. BWL had some epic fights that were fun (vael), and killing C'Thun I was convinced was impossible for the longest time, but MC really held me the closest to true nerdgasm. Hell, just getting attuned was an effort (and lets not talk about the fucking Ony attunement for Alliance side...) It's amazing that so many groups could get 40 people together to play as one and accomplish something. Mind you, I also remember 10-manning UD Strat :eek:

Last edited:
We haven't lagged since the first week.
Something changed on Tich this week, we've had ZERO lag to speak of and have actually been able to work on hardmodes for the first time. Until this lockout period it's been barely playable after 7pst any night of the week, but we've had 3 days of amazing latency and stability this week (though we didn't raid Tuesday because of the last several weeks' lag so that was only 10man).

Was your server one of the ones with extended downtime on Tuesday? Thinking it could be hardware upgrades, but Stormrage didn't have an extended downtime.

Was your server one of the ones with extended downtime on Tuesday? Thinking it could be hardware upgrades, but Stormrage didn't have an extended downtime.

We had extended downtime last week but nothing changed. This week no extended downtime that I know of and magically after 8pst or so Tuesday shit was fixed. We did have issues tuesday evening where nobody could zone into anything (battleground, instance, arena, raid), but once that was fixed the server's held up better than I ever remember. Only Dalaran chugs now, and only because there's 50,000 people sitting there at any given time.

Things felt a lot better for me after the patch on tuesday, I get some bad video lag about 2 fps) in some fights with too many effects like Hodir.

It isn't addons using up too much memory, just my computer showing its age.

We did hard mode general (1 shot) and 2 lights tonight on 10 man. Would've had shadow dodger, but the druid ate one in the last 2-3 mins of the fight. :/

I absolutely fucking hate 4 tower flame levi. I rather do hardmode mimiron. fuck fuck fuck.

We killed it in one night but.. fuck.

i have blade warding and that epic hit belt on my priest (the patterns, i won't use either)

reallllyyy want that dps belt, its awesome

You guys are apparently in better guilds than I am because we spent probably 8 hours banging our heads against Hodir hard mode the last week. The fight feels so damn random, as a Warlock I can do 11k one attempt then 6k the next attempt depending on luck with the buffs.

i can understand not making the speed timer. that's whatever. but how do you wipe if ppl are paying any kind of attention? not counting tank deaths

You guys are apparently in better guilds than I am because we spent probably 8 hours banging our heads against Hodir hard mode the last week. The fight feels so damn random, as a Warlock I can do 11k one attempt then 6k the next attempt depending on luck with the buffs.

Our guild just killed him this week for the first time on 10/25 normal mode if it makes you feel any better.

well my guild can do Hodir and Assembly of Iron 25man hard modes without too much of an issue... but for some reason, we still can't manage to do Thorim hardmode, and thorim hard mode is pretty easy :( wtb better priests for raid healing. I'm sure we'll have it this week, but we should have had it weeks ago :(

Last edited:
Got Lose Your Illusion and Stokin' The Furnace on 10 man last night, Heartbreaker last week. Stokin was a fucking joke. 6/13 now on 10 man hard modes. Going for Hodir hard and Steelbreaker next week and back to a full clear, we skipped full clears the past two weeks and concentrated on some of the achievments etc. We only get about 7-8 hours for 10man max.

Lose Your Illusion was a fucking rush, especially when you're doing it without a DK tank(s) and know the damage is starting to get to the breaking point :D The rush is why I like this game so much :sunny:

Any hints on Vezax? We tried him last night. Were more casual, so don't expect miracles from us :D.

Me, being hunter, i have diffilculties dodging shadowclash (ya i know baddie, whatever).

As for DPS, only in black ooze thingy? Or should i just go wild, because i can regg mana with viper.

Back