Ulduar

I wanted to fraps our general kill this week, but forgot to turn it on :(
We got shadow dodger, and credit towards the campion of ulduar title on our hardmode attempt.

1) melee has to interrupt his cast 100% of the time. If they complain about it fucking up their rotation. Tell them they won't have a rotation if the tank dies.

2)Ranged needs to pay attention. Shadow crashes are 100% avoidable. If you're in my raid and you get hit by one, you're not going to be healed.

3)A few ticks from mark of the faceless will add minutes to the fight. Don't let it happen. Have the person who gets marked run away from the boss. Have anyone around the marked player run towards the boss.

4) If you're 3 healing this fight; have at least 1 healer stand with melee to avoid too much clutter in the range group.

5) If one of your healers is a resto shaman; put him in the tank's group and have him drop healing stream totem. It's retardedly OP'd for this fight.

We have been 1-shoting this fight for the last 3 weeks on hard mode. If your raid can do simple shit like avoid avoidable damage, it won't be a tough fight.

1) melee has to interrupt his cast 100% of the time. If they complain about it fucking up their rotation. Tell them they won't have a rotation if the tank dies.
2)Ranged needs to pay attention. Shadow crashes are 100% avoidable. If you're in my raid and you get hit by one, you're not going to be healed.
3)A few ticks from mark of the faceless will add minutes to the fight. Don't let it happen. Have the person who gets marked run away from the boss. Have anyone around the marked player run towards the boss.
4) If you're 3 healing this fight; have at least 1 healer stand with melee to avoid too much clutter in the range group.
5) If one of your healers is a resto shaman; put him in the tank's group and have him drop healing stream totem. It's retardedly OP'd for this fight.

1.) yeah, 1 cast coming through basically fucks up the Maintank. I assume Shaman shoking will work aswell? I assume a /say macro will help here. We've got two groups on rupting duty.
2.) ya, i was probably not paying attention. I take it this fight is more about survival than dps. Meaning i should care more about shadow clashes than doing max dps, standing in that ooze. (which affects exploshotdmg aswell)
3.) this part already works well.
4.) not a healer no idea about that.
5.) will note that!

thanks.

We downed vezax last night after 9 attempts. I'd say the encounter on easy mode is easier than some of the guardians like Mimiron and Thorim.

Pessi and Terra, would you guys mind providing me with some WWS or WoL information again? I'd like to see what our dps needs to be at for hardmodes.

1.) yeah, 1 cast coming through basically fucks up the Maintank. I assume Shaman shoking will work aswell? I assume a /say macro will help here. We've got two groups on rupting duty.

1 shaman that is spell hit cap'd should be enough for 10 man. Vezyx doesn't cast as many times compared to 25, but maybe have a backup.

Vezax was a fun fight.

Question though...are there a limited number of saronite spawns during the fight? At the very end, we didn't get any more and all the healers went OOM.

Vezax was a fun fight.

Question though...are there a limited number of saronite spawns during the fight? At the very end, we didn't get any more and all the healers went OOM.

Yeah, 8. In 10 man he has about 8 million HP so every 1 mill or so we would pop a vapor, it worked very well. We just got to him in 25 man so we'll probably divide his HP by 8 and go with a similar strategy. We're going after Hard Mode next week on 10 man and I can't wait :D

Any hints on Vezax? We tried him last night. Were more casual, so don't expect miracles from us :D.

Me, being hunter, i have diffilculties dodging shadowclash (ya i know baddie, whatever).

As for DPS, only in black ooze thingy? Or should i just go wild, because i can regg mana with viper.
/script SetCVar("cameraDistanceMax", 25)
/script SetCVar("cameraDistanceMaxFactor", 2)

Allows you to zoom out beyond the normal max camera distance. Makes dodging shadowcrash stupid easy. I then used a focus macro to mindflay the Animus so I could still keep Vezax targeted during P2 so /say would work with DBM and people could avoid shadow crash (it will 1shot p2 25man if you don't dodge them).

I like the suggestion someone gave to have people with Mark of the Faceless run away and others run forward. We have a hunter raiding from China and one of the worst holy priests imaginable that both don't move until they've had a debuff for 5 seconds so this might help avoid some yelling. In I think 5 attempts @ hardmode Vezax last week the holy priest ate 14 shadow crashes and each time she'd get Mark she'd return to the ranged stack before it wore off. We only spent ~an hour on it so far, should be a kill tonight.

In I think 5 attempts @ hardmode Vezax last week the holy priest ate 14 shadow crashes and each time she'd get Mark she'd return to the ranged stack before it wore off. We only spent ~an hour on it so far, should be a kill tonight.

:ugh:

Now imagine a heroic raid with 10 of those people.

25 general.... yeah, have some healers stack on melee, and others stand way off to the sides of the boss where they wont be close to any other ranged. In a single fight, I was well away from the raid as a healer and got Mark of the Faceless 3 times. Not one tick healed the boss/damaged the raid.

And 2 groups rupting is fine. We had the shaman main interupt and 2 others to both interupt when the shaman wasn't, for a total of 3 people. If you can remove any errors comming from tanks/healers/melee, the fight becomes much easier because the only fuck ups should be ranged DPS.

25 general.... yeah, have some healers stack on melee, and others stand way off to the sides of the boss where they wont be close to any other ranged. In a single fight, I was well away from the raid as a healer and got Mark of the Faceless 3 times. Not one tick healed the boss/damaged the raid.

And 2 groups rupting is fine. We had the shaman main interupt and 2 others to both interupt when the shaman wasn't, for a total of 3 people. If you can remove any errors comming from tanks/healers/melee, the fight becomes much easier because the only fuck ups should be ranged DPS.

I'm a DK and on an interrupt duty with another person. I'm gemmed for 1% less than hit due to draenei (thus more strength/dmg), and my draenei this day happens to be a resto sham. He dies and it never occurred to me that I'm under hit now...

so I spam my interrupt button, /say gets spammed, I miss/resist/whatever and we all take massive damage.

Worst feeling ever.

12 tries on Mimrion tonight, got 2 attempts with all the modules under 10%.
Half of our healers are retarded though, it sucks :ftard:

Back