I really hate DBA's

"Not my job" was the defacto response when anything hard came up.
I never say that line. I read an article that said it's the worst thing one can say on the job. I do a lot of work. What gets me pissed is when I complete a bunch of stuff, and Mr Dementia asks me what's going on. I did this, this, this, and this. Good, what are you working on now? Like everything I just completed doesn't mean crap. That's the cycle I'm talking about.

Now he's going to deal me some crap project I don't want to work on. Instead I'd rather work with the BAs. So I have to BS that I'm working on something else. All he cares about is what I'm working on now and how long will it take. I've completed another project that's going through QA, but I'll tell him I'm still working on it with the BA.

Last edited:
Hey does glytch make money? He hasn't said anything about it and we are all on the edge of our seats wondering about it.

I never say that line. I read an article that said it's the worst thing one can say on the job. I do a lot of work. What gets me pissed is when I complete a bunch of stuff, and Mr Dementia asks me what's going on. I did this, this, this, and this. Good, what are you working on now? Like everything I just completed doesn't mean crap. That's the cycle I'm talking about.

Now he's going to deal me some crap project I don't want to work on. Instead I'd rather work with the BAs. So I have to BS that I'm working on something else. All he cares about is what I'm working on now and how long will it take. I've completed another project that's going through QA, but I'll tell him I'm still working on it with the BA.

i just say if you want me to do X persons job don't expect for mine to be done on time. i let everyone know who is dropping the ball so when i get thrown under the bus i have a paper trail of idiot after idiot who failed. Then if anyone above me starts coming up with excuses ill bring up how i have 4 ticket systems and that usually Covers my ass enough where the heat will go somewhere else. I spend more time explaining why shit isn't getting done then actual coding at this point.

This. I'm no god at any of it (though I've worked with a few who are now mostly at Google), and having done telco network ops for 20+ years now (though technically I'm not really doing the day-to-day stuff now, more making sure things are in place for the Indians to flow-chart their way through), I've absolutely had to tip my hand at being all of those things to some degree or another. I've built servers, designed DBs, optimised them as needs changed, plugged into other people's ones, built web apps, portals, reports, and I can even make a pretty mean excel graph if it doesn't crash first and then link it into a powerpoint to explain to execs "why that thing".

It's really not that complicated if you have half a brain and can adapt, and if you want to be any good at any of them, you need to know how all the rest of it works anyway.

It's all interdependent.

this is pretty much me. i've done a little bit of everything. jack of all trades.

difference is i do them all well.

you had to look up dba to even know what it meant. Move along
I love looking down on you whiny inept shitbags.

Your problem is not with DBAs, but a stupid, affirmative-action woman. You'd have to have a brain to get that, but I get why it's a struggle.

If you had balls, you'd let it fail (or ensure it) and appropriately redirect the outrage. Corporate life.

I hear you. The intention of my comment was that I can personally relate but only you have the power to do something about it. If you're willing to push yourself, I'm confident you will find both personal satisfaction in the work as well as be financially rewarded for it.

jeez - Grade A+ internet tough guy right here

better look out Glytch, Fal is gonna post mean talk

Dick Bulged Anus

I love looking down on you whiny inept shitbags.

Your problem is not with DBAs, but a stupid, affirmative-action woman. You'd have to have a brain to get that, but I get why it's a struggle.

If you had balls, you'd let it fail (or ensure it) and appropriately redirect the outrage. Corporate life.

Yeah i know fullsail. You're way smarter than everyone else.

Mr. Dementia didn't talk to me all week, didn't see any e-mail from him about projects or ideas. Usually, there's e-mails with a bunch of people on them discussing problems. He's on those e-mails but didn't respond. Absolutely nothing.

I don't know what he's doing all day. I'm out Monday to Wednesday, then I go back. I told the BA what I'm working on and that I want to work with him. He said fine, he'll have a new project for me when I get back.

Two co-workers have said that when he calls us into his office, ask him, "What are you working on?"

Two co-workers have said that when he calls us into his office, ask him, "What are you working on?"

oh man, they fucking HATE that. hopefully this guy can't fire you for insubordination or insolence.

Last edited:
So you advise the VP on which coffee he should have to match with his socks?

sweet job bro

nah man, but i'm sure there is some sidekick lackey kiss assing going on while pretending to know everything, while not truly knowing much at all. but hey, sometimes people make sacrifices for an extra 0. who needs dignity anyway? :shrug:

Back