Faction Change

Technically it works now to a lesser degree, the thing usually goes by the name the orb of deception. Given the implied laziness that seems to be inbound with 3.2 it stands to reason they may simply use the same logic (and part of the code possibly) to make the change.

I mean how else would you plan to do it? You let any player of any race pick any other race and it gets messy on a few levels.

You do realize that neither an Undead or a Gnome can be Druids, right? A Blood Elf can not be a Warrior, or a Shaman. Those are four big ones off the top of my head. I'm sure there are other class limitations as well.

The Orb of Deception has nothing at all to do with this discussion because, hey... it doesn't actually change your race. It just makes you look like another race.

I wonder how they'll handle things like mounts and factions, but I suppose if you want a faction change badly enough you won't care about that shit.

I thought about it earlier and I decided I am not losing my winterspring frostsaber just to reroll horde, although I assume they would just switch it to a ravasaur or whatever the horde specific mount is named.

But yea, this raises a lot of questions about how they will handle things when you switch. I'm probably going to use this to switch races in a roundabout way:

Gnome Rogue -> Orc Rogue -> Human Rogue

I'd also switch to human if I ever wanted to farm out The Insane.

You do realize that neither an Undead or a Gnome can be Druids, right? A Blood Elf can not be a Warrior, or a Shaman. Those are four big ones off the top of my head. I'm sure there are other class limitations as well.

The Orb of Deception has nothing at all to do with this discussion because, hey... it doesn't actually change your race. It just makes you look like another race.

I'm aware of that yes, but my point was it could be used as a sort of template for the faction change system. Even given class restrictions, letting any race change to a viable race on the other side seems to be too complicated a problem for them to completely work through. Especially with warriors, who have the most race options.

You going to try and tell me given what is coming down the pipe in 3.2 they will create a faction change system where you can choose race as free as your class would allow? Even if it was something limited like free server transfers I wouldn't be too opimistic it will be as open as some expect.

Is there any reason to change to alliance?

Having said that I'll be bringing my 80 alliance dk tank to horde. Although I must say I see a lot more little kids playing horde these days. Alliance side are more mature adults but the skill level isnt as high.

For instance I can pug Heroic Naxx on my server without vent pretty easily. Maybe one or 2 wipes..one run. Alliance its like 2 or 3 nights.

chaingun do you bitch about everything? Just stop posting and go away then

I like this change, no everyone is happy with their first choice, or friends stop playing, blah blah, theres a million reason out there.

and :lol: @ feannag for proving how much of a fucking retard he really is

chaingun do you bitch about everything? Just stop posting and go away then

I like this change, no everyone is happy with their first choice, or friends stop playing, blah blah, theres a million reason out there.

and :lol: @ feannag for proving how much of a fucking retard he really is
Fanboy? Am I supposed to love everything that Blizzard does with their game and not post my disappointment in relation to a topic that is sure to have people on both sides of the fence?

I think it's a stupid change and I'm concerned because it will (potentially) hurt smaller populated servers like mine and I just think it compounds some things I really can't stand about WoW. That said, I don't think my opinion should affect yours in any way.

As for bitching about everything...I post probably once a week on the WoW forums (if that) and lately, yes, it has been to express disappointment with the direction the game is going. I'm not the only one who feels that way, and it's because I used to like WoW a great deal and to me it's unfortunate.

This is a forum, not a Blizzard cock sucking contest. You'll live.

Last edited:
I think it'd be funny if they made it a random switch. An orc warlock, for exmaple, could turn into any alliance race that could be warlock.

Fanboy? Am I supposed to love everything that Blizzard does with their game and not post my disappointment in relation to a topic that is sure to have people on both sides of the fence?

I think it's a stupid change and I'm concerned because it will (potentially) hurt smaller populated servers like mine and I just think it compounds some things I really can't stand about WoW. That said, I don't think my opinion should affect yours in any way.

As for bitching about everything...I post probably once a week on the WoW forums (if that) and lately, yes, it has been to express disappointment with the direction the game is going. I'm not the only one who feels that way, and it's because I used to like WoW a great deal and to me it's unfortunate.

This is a forum, not a Blizzard cock sucking contest. You'll live.

You complain about being on a small server, but blizzard has a solution to that too.

You have the ability to fix your problem but choose not to. Congratulations on being Feannag Jr.

Are you serious? There is absolutely no way for that to work

Human Shaman
Human Hunter
Orc Priest
Dwarf Shaman
Dwarf Mage
Gnome Shaman
Gnome Driud
Gnome Hunter
Tauren Rogue
Night Elf Warlock
Night Elf Mage
Undead Druid
Draenei Rogue
Draenei Warlock
Blood Elf Shaman
Blood Elf Warrior

What else am I missing?

The only thing that is for certain is every horde shaman will be a draenei, and every alliance paladin will be a blood elf, as well as night elf and tauren druids switching places. The rest will most likely be left up to personal preference given the race is compatible with what the player chooses

one option i saw, perhaps it was speculated on on wow.com instead of being in the blue post, was to open up the races to have more class choices. But, if you're giving someone the choice to change factions, the choice would be easier to make if you could change to the race you want instead of being forced into a race (except in the case of H Pally and A Shaman).

I would potentially do this if I got to pick the destination race and some other criteria were met.

- ALL equivalent factions transfer
- Achievements transfer, including dates
- Mounts were converted or gold was refunded so they could be immediately re-purchased
- ALL money and bank items transfer
- Titles convert
- Some way to pick your character appearance was given before you step into the game world

I see this either being so complicated that it's scrapped in testing, or so prohibitively expensive that very few people bother with it. With Blizzard putting in all this faction-specific armor in 3.2, it seems like they're creating a big mess if they're serious about doing faction transfers.

I see this being the beginning of Blizzard completely catering and caving in to every single player request. We've already seen PvE to PvP transfers which they were very adamant that they would never implement. Then we got sex changes and leveling through PvP. Mark my words, pretty soon they will announce the release of a Vanilla server. I'm just patiently waiting for race/class restrictions to be removed from the game.

Gnome Druid FTW!! Kitten form! Bear cub form! Sparrow form! OMGPwnies!! :boogie: I would so love to tank as a bear cub. That would be pure win.

Back