Manned SpaceX launch [LIVE]

Nice.

I like how the signal cut out just in time to miss the landing. :weird:
There's a reason you can never see the Falcon9 land on "I Still Love You." The cameras send data to a ship next to it with a line of sight transmitter. When the rocket comes in to land, the ship rocks and the sight line between the ships is lost. They know about the problem but don't feel like spending a ton of money to fix it.

Last edited:
Yeah - that sucked. it was like - here it comes - then - 4 seconds later - a landing image. Seems odd.

I love Elon Musk. Who else can pull this off and also have a Canadian girlfriend in the process of selling her soul ;)

You know it. The stage probably created a disturbance that cut the signal but the timing was just weird.

The next flights need a gaming console for the downtime. Playing CoD in zero G would be hilarious.

I am so proud of all the hard work in this program. It is amazing to see the private sector step up.

Nice.

There's a reason you can never see the Falcon9 land on "I Still Love You." The cameras send data to a ship next to it with a line of sight transmitter. When the rocket comes in to land, the ship rocks and the sight line between the ships is lost. They know about the problem but don't feel like spending a ton of money to fix it.

I thought it could have been something with vibrations or something when the rocket lands

Back