Worst popular actor of our times

he is most excellent

he was in raising arizona

i hope he has many good dialups and great internets coming his way

I thought it was all an act though?

I thought he had like... this great persona he cultivated where he was Nicholas Cage... but I assumed that somewhere at the end of the day, he went back to his family and was just "Dad".

I was totally wrong about that. Dude is a freakazoid.

he's like crazy broke

like johnny depp broke

Let me put it to you this way...

Ya know how you watch Nicholas Cage at his best Nicholas Cage in movies?

Well... those were like a toned down version of the dude I saw out at dinner with his family.

We were in a restaurant where nobody was even paying attention to him as "Nicholas Cage", where he was just another schlep drinking and eating dinner. And it was as if he was putting on a movie performance of Nicholas Cage.

Yeah he's the straight-to-DVD king nowadays...

Poor dude... I'm telling ya, my little interaction with him was sad. I wanted to get the guy some psychiatric help.

I agree with Affleck except he was really good in the accountant

I was going to say that, that movie really good overall and Ben Affleck did exactly what needed to be done in that movie, he carried it like a champ.

I thought he did well in Argo, I didn't think much of Live by Night which I saw recently, he didn't do a bad acting job it just wasn't that good of a movie.

He is an actor I feel is often underrated, but he plays characters that are less emotional, you don't see him needing to do extreme overacting.

If you compare him to someone like Sean Penn who is exceptional he obviously isn't as good, and a movie like Mystic River wouldn't be nearly as good if Affleck played Sean Penn's character, but Affleck wouldn't take that part.

If you want to understand what makes a really good actor watch this video on a breakdown of what Anthony Hopkins can do in a scene.

A lot of people in this thread don't seem to watch a lot of movies, or don't understand listing action movies stars as bad actors odd because those movies the entertainment comes from the action not the acting.

A lot of people in this thread don't seem to watch a lot of movies, or don't understand listing action movies stars as bad actors odd because those movies the entertainment comes from the action not the acting.

Those roles are still chosen by the Actors. They stay in their comfort zone because they know little is asked of them.

Most actors actually try to branch out and play new roles despite the crippling fear from self-doubt and high expectations.

If you want to understand what makes a really good actor watch this video on a breakdown of what Anthony Hopkins can do in a scene.

lolz at the video - ooOOOooo he pauses..., oh now looks down, wow - a smile, then he changes how fast he speaks!!! - FABULOUS!!!

... If you want to understand what makes a really good actor watch this video on a breakdown of what Anthony Hopkins can do in a scene.

I have not watched Westworld, but in this video I saw Hannibal Lecter.
And yes, Hopkins is a godsend.

Vin Diesel
This is the obvious answer to this thread. I came in here just to post this. He's so fucking awful and annoying. I'd take 100 Keanus in dramatic roles over him.

Runner-up would be Dwayne Johnson, although he seems like a fun dude IRL.

Amy Schumer is obvious trash, but is she even in nearly as many movies? Jennifer Lawrence is also trash. Seth Rogan is just jew garbage.

Ben Affleck is just playing himself, so he's not really an actor. In fact, a lot of actors just play themselves. De Niro comes to mind heavily on this. Although so does Al Pacino to be fair, but he pulls it off better.

Last edited:
Back