War with Iran

trump_iran1.jpg

trump_iran2.jpg
OMG, i know, right. Like, a few short days after Bolton got literally fired, a magic mysterious Iranian missile blew up a Saudi oil rig. It's like, Iran just wants to go to war with the most badass nation that this planet has seen in many thousands of years.

Same with Syria always gassing their own country days after they remove ISIS from a section of their country.

From my narrow view, this is a smart move. With what I'm reading, if they didn't kill this guy he would be leading insurgents in the area and would be assisting if not directly planning attacks on American interests. Then after this guy continued to destabilize the area people would be lamenting on why we didn't kill him earlier.

Broader discussion of our policies aside I have little doubt this saved American lives. Also it's pretty audacious of Iran to be sending a major leader like him into Iraq, that kind of boldness needs a serious response.

Except now they have 100x more reason to attack those American interests in Iraq. Imagine what kind of response America would have if an Iran drone strike killed an American general.

Except now they have 100x more reason to attack those American interests in Iraq. Imagine what kind of response America would have if an Iran drone strike killed an American general.
The US is just a giant Jew bank and repository of endless weapons supplies for Israel. They don't ever need more reason to hate America.

The US is just a giant Jew bank and repository of endless weapons supplies for Israel. They don't ever need more reason to hate America.

I suppose that is true, which has me wondering how long before Iran capitulates.

Now that Daesh is under control, thanks to Russia, let's fuck with Iran and keep the cash flowing thro missiles and nukes, boys!

The left's "OMG guys that's it, we're going to war with Iran" hysteria is fucking hysterical.

News flash: We've been at war with Iran since 1979. You know, the great satan and all that? A War started by a democrat?

From my narrow view, this is a smart move. With what I'm reading, if they didn't kill this guy he would be leading insurgents in the area and would be assisting if not directly planning attacks on American interests. Then after this guy continued to destabilize the area people would be lamenting on why we didn't kill him earlier.

Broader discussion of our policies aside I have little doubt this saved American lives. Also it's pretty audacious of Iran to be sending a major leader like him into Iraq, that kind of boldness needs a serious response.

I guess I can kinda agree with this. But I want out...

Quarreling with Iran is bipartisan. Because both parties are beholden to Israel.

This issue with the Middle East is nothing different than our issues with North Korea. Israel has been able to take care of itself since 1968. The only time it came close was the Yom Kippur War in 1973, and that led to peace with Egypt.

Countries like Iran and North Korea use the west, and more specifically the USA as the poster boy for their own self created problems, and to bolster their standing within their country - Hey, look at us, we're standing up to the great satan and pissing in his shoes! The us against the world mentality.

Honestly, the entire middle east should be nuked from orbit. Nothing but illiterate savages stuck in the 6th century.

Israel taking care of itself..... with US$50B in military aid, that is.

We give lots of aid to a lot of countries. Nothing special here. And it's not 50 billion.

Afghanistan ($4.89 billion)
Iraq ($3.36 billion)
Israel ($3.18 billion)
Jordan ($1.38 billion)
Ethiopia ($943 million)
South Sudan ($922 million)
Kenya ($899 million)
Pakistan ($892 million)
Nigeria ($644 million)
Uganda ($608 million)

Seems like a whole bunch of money flowing to a lot of countries that hate Israel.

C'mon dude... if you think Israel is taking care of itself you're fucked in the head. Without the US they'd be up in smoke. Billions in military aid, access to guaranteed military equipment that nobody else can get, and basically immunity from UN resolutions.

Since 1985, the United States has provided nearly US$3 billion in grants annually to Israel, with Israel being the largest annual recipient of American aid from 1976 to 2004 and the largest cumulative recipient of aid ($121 billion, not inflation-adjusted) since World War II.[1][2] Seventy-four percent of these funds must be spent purchasing US goods and services.[3] More recently, in fiscal year 2014, the US provided $3.1 billion in foreign military aid to Israel.[2] Israel also benefits from about $8 billion of loan guarantees.[2] Almost all US aid to Israel is now in the form of military assistance, while in the past it also received significant economic assistance. Strong congressional support for Israel has resulted in Israel receiving benefits not available to other countries.[2]

In addition to financial and military aid, the United States also provides political support to Israel, having used its United Nations Security Council veto power 42 times with respect to resolutions relating to Israel, out of a total 83 times in which its veto has ever been used. Between 1991 and 2011, 15 vetos were used to protect Israel out of 24 in total.[4][5]

C'mon dude... if you think Israel is taking care of itself you're fucked in the head. Without the US they'd be up in smoke. Billions in military aid, access to guaranteed military equipment that nobody else can get, and basically immunity from UN resolutions.

"On their own" means we don't supply troops to fight their wars. We supply them with aid, yes, but Israel is increasingly using it's own military hardware. We also supply their enemies as well. Saudi Arabia is one of our biggest clients when it comes to military sales. Israel also gets a lot of it's technology and arms from France, also no slouch in arms exports.

And the UN - who fucking cares about that circus? Only the clowns that hate the west. That's one place we need to defund.

When the US directly funds a third (or more) of their military spending it's pretty hard to claim that Israel is doing any of it on its own.

Oh btw 73 was a shining example of them being unable to defend themselves without the US. So yeah the claim about them being self reliant since 68 is nonsense. But whatever.

When the US directly funds a third (or more) of their military spending it's pretty hard to claim that Israel is doing any of it on its own.

Please tell me the difference between the aid we provide Afghanistan and Iraq versus the aid we provide Israel?

Hint, it has to do with boots on the ground.

Back