[T:V] New Weapon Ideas

Screw swords. I want to be able to walk up and bust out some kung-fu on someones ass. Say I'm going to cap the flag and kick the HoF in the chin..

|MrSniper|Nyx said:
I always wanted to play with that sword the pheonix guy holds in the T1 art pic. I'm all for a short-ranged weapon, since they won't be bringing back the SL. Can you imagine trying to take the flag from some HoF with a big sword? Sounds like fun.

Phoenix?

He's a Diamond Sword. How could you possibly mistake the tribe from that pic? :huh:

As if the sword wasn't enough to give it away... :rolleyes:

i was thinking vs new weapon, have sticky mortars. instead of them bounce around they would stick to buildings/vehicles. that would be something you could choose on/off.

|MrSniper|Nyx said:
Good lord, its useless asking this community for anything construtive, you've had 5 years to lock your minds against any ideas of change or innovation. Don't you understand that if T:V comes out with the same exact game as T1 you guys will end up pissed off at the lack of new challenges and things to do. It's like legends, after T2 people cried for a game exactly like T1 but with new graphics, and Legends is deliverying, yet you all shun it because "I could just play T1..."

I really don't see why Thrax and his guys waste any time here, they may as well go to the freaking CS community and get smarter responses. The Tribes world needs change, albeit good change, not like Dave G's massive gameplay screwage. It needs change that adds new flavor and style to the game, and while bringing new people in, reminds us vets of why we love this game so much.

[/rant]
you said something intelligent? wtf?

K, from reading the whole forums, i would say...

grappling hook (that you can use on both buildings/hills to swing around, or on enemy units to either bring them in closer, or swing them into walls.)

sword? melee weapon duh, it can be used to cut off the grappling hook if they used it on u >:]

domo mines, a must have.

and some kind of shieldy thing, not a shield pack, something to reduce damage when you are going in for the flag or some shit, ya know? :]

Well I'm sure it's been discussed, but obviously the blaster needs a little work. It's just not worth carrying due to the energy loss with each shot.

A melee weapon might be cool. The shocklance was actually fairly fun to use in T2 when combined with a cloak pack. A sword might be both fun and funny if implemented correctly.

I'd also give serious consideration to tweaking the chaingun. Although it was originally intended to be used as a short range weapon, I think you should reduce it's effectiveness in close range. It's simply too powerful, too easy to use, and too difficult to dodge. With that said, I think it needs to be included in the game because it is the best weapon for high speed chases when the capper is way out in front.

There have been so many shooting games that it's really tough to think of an interesting new weapon at this point. The shotgun is a standard gun for FPS games and I think it might be interesting in the Tribes world.

One kind of gun that might be really annoying but useful is a bola gun. It could shoot a net that would trap a target enemy to the ground/wall. A gun like this would have to be done exceptionally well or else it could become too powerful.

T1 had a great set of weapons. Really well thought out and balanced.

T2 had the same, however u gotta give t2 credit for where its due..the Shocklance is an incredibly good weapon.

If T:V can introduce a weapon like the shocklance that is totally useless to the n00b, yet once mastered can kill in 1 shot...you have a winning formula.

Its gotta be a weapon that is deadly to one part of the enemys body that is hard work to get to, and has an awesome result once used. Something that creates a death with max humour value will also be popular... The satchel does bring humour...but where it fails is its a weapon n00bs can master in 1 second...which results in servers full of dummies being satchel fests. Where the shocklance also wins over the satchel is its *almost* impossible to accidentally tk with.

so yer, all its gotta do is:-

1) take time, effort and skill to learn
2) have a dramatic, funny kill effect that can only be got using this weapon
3) be almost impossible to accidentally kill team mates with it

Stick to that formula and you have win weaponry.

SaintDude said:
Fuck turrets, fuck vehicles. Look at what they did for T2. /sigh

Turrets and vehicles in T2 were symptoms, not causes of the problems in T2. Look at T1, it had turrets and vehicles and they didnt mess up the gameplay like in T2. If they make vehicles and turrets along the same lines that they did in T1 then thats fine.

Here's a good one - the Crotch Pump. The victim swells up like a balloon, blocking the corridor they're in or rising into the sky if they're outside. Unless the victim is shot in the crotch, the attacker explodes into chunky bits of salsa, while the intended victim is magically given a tactical nuke with infinite ammo to use at his/her own leisure. See, it's got a funny effect, and it's ludicrously hard for unskilled newbies to use!

WINNING FORMULA, GENTLEMEN

I would like a sticky gun of some sort. Say a gun that shoots something akin to a foam that gobs onto someone and inhibits their movement speed, and when used on vehicles it plugs their exhaust systems shutting them down temporarily. It would have limited range, but could have a good arc to increase distance. Or you could have a net gun like cops are developing today. Something that shoots a net which wraps around people to slow them down and inhibit movement control, or can wrap around vehicles for some effect... Some unconventional weapons to replace the faggot elf. If these ideas wouldn't work it'd still be nice to see some unconventional weapons [ie not missile launchers, bullet type guns]

Back