[T:V] New Weapon Ideas

commonsense said:
EMP/Concussion mix gredade.. clear the way and drain their energy

would that be too much?

I think so. Concs are already extremely useful for ending standoffs, and giving it a EMP effect would make it extremely hard for HDs. They'd quickly lose their pack and energy making them sitting ducks.

A shockwave gun would be fun...

Or shockwave grenades...

Perhaps in a mutator. :shrug:

Edit: I want a Personnel Catapult. This was brought up during T2 development and quickly shot down. I think it would be fun as hell. :D

Last edited:
We can ski on land, how about we can surf on water.

Create a complex wave system of dynamic movements that players can ride using hidden technologies (A surf board).

surfer-V.jpg

Piata=King said:
A big fucking sword.

The problem with Tribes is that the weapons were so well done the first time, its pretty hard to improve on them.

I liked the emp grenade idea. Making someone lose all their energy from a grenade hit could be really useful, or it could be used to temporarily disable turrets/gens etc.

I like this too, but I think it should be focused more on turrets/vehicles like you mentioned. The EMP could shut down the whole item, or just disable the shield. Proximity of the explosion could determine which happens. Maybe against players, instead of draining energy, it would just disable their energy recharge rate and kill their packs for x seconds depending on proximity to the explosion. So you could hit a shielder, it kills his shiled pack but he still has energy to boost/fight for a short period, and after so many seconds his recharge comes back on line, followed by his pack funtionality.

XeroShift.09 said:
whats that?

Id like to see a rocket launcher. I dont mean a missle launcher that locks on with guided missles one sorta like the panzer in RTCW. that has a charge after every shot. but then that might not work with tribes. If it could be cool if it did though. other then that idunno I cant think of anything right now, I'll edit this post if i do.
disk launcher = pretty rocket launcher

Data said:
A shockwave gun would be fun...

Or shockwave grenades...

Perhaps in a mutator. :shrug:

Edit: I want a Personnel Catapult. This was brought up during T2 development and quickly shot down. I think it would be fun as hell. :D

Do you mean something to launch people or projectiles? I think a slingshot like device for launching players would be sweet (kind of like how jets get launched off an aircraft carrier).

well I think i remember reading in an interview with thrax they were considering adding a weapon called the burner, which is a mixture between flamethrower and silly string. :shrug:

Mangle-Me-Elmo said:
i guess you're right.

i mean, something called a burner could do anything... anything!

If you had actually read any of the articles you would know that the burner is basically a mix of plasma and flamethrower, and they said it will undergo drastic balancing tests.

so, it shoots a ball of plasma that bursts into flame when it hits the ground.

whats not to get?

i now have to fly through grenades/discs/mines/minediscs/AND fire in order to get the flag off the stand..

but WAIT! Not if my team mates absolutely must clear off all the LD for me to grab! TRIBES ON EPIC SCALE!

Mangle-Me-Elmo said:

whats not to get?

i now have to fly through grenades/discs/mines/minediscs/AND fire in order to get the flag off the stand..

but WAIT! Not if my team mates absolutely must clear off all the LD for me to grab! TRIBES ON EPIC SCALE!

I wish you would epicly stfu and stop bitching.

DEbig3 said:
stupidly redundant.

what are you trying to say? post more words then two, or is that all you can come up with? is that a weapon suggestion or something?

Mangle-Me-Elmo said:

whats not to get?

It's not just some Ureal Torunament weapon that excessively throws shit everywhere. Really we don't know how the final version will function.

You could whine about the disclauncher too if you knew nothing about it -- "You start out with a splash damage rocket launcer weapon?! What stupid game, it'll take no skill"

I really don't like people who keep throwing out the phrase, "perhaps in a mutator," or "leave that for a mutator."

I know mutator vs. mod has been gone over, but the way I see a mutator is a minor change. Could be physics, weapons, whatever. UT had stuff like low gravity, instagib, high jump, rockets only, etc. That is what I consider a mutator. Renegades was a mod. There were many, many changes over base. Just because it wasn't a completely different style of gameplay doesn't make it a mutator.

In any case, to my point, I really don't want to see T:V turn into UT where every server might have one or two mutators that are the preference of the server owner. In UT it's fine, it'll SUCK in T:V. Mods are just fine and dandy, but each server having different rules for base would be fucking ridiculous and I hope the community realizes this. No client-side scripting is already going to be a problem, because every server is not going to have the scripts you want, or is running shit you don't want.

And I thought the weapons are pretty much known. T1 weapons minus plasma and possibly elf, plus burninator. Maybe some other weapon to replace the elf for mediums. Mines and grens god only knows.

Back