Tribes 3 -- Serious New Weapon and Pack Ideas Disscussion Thread

Sir Lucius

Veteran XX
The hype is up and I think it's up to us, the community, to keep the ideas comming. They JUST MIGHT influence the dev team if they happen to read them you know?

So I sat down and thought up of a few ideas that I think would really help improve the game:

The Potato Cannon: Lunch spuds at dangerous speeds. What's great about this gun is that the object will fall off after a while which means it will take a lot more skill to use than the disk launcher. This also solves my delima of farmers never living up to their name. For this weapon each base has to maintain a potato crop to supply ammo.
t3spudgun.gif

The Umbrella Pack: Protects you from dangerous weather conditions.
t3umbrellapack.gif

The Deployable Tree: Oh wait, someone actually already came up with this one :lol:
t3treepack.gif

if anyone else has got some serious ideas plz post them here (with pics).

How about dust/dirt/snow mines. When you throw them, they completly submerge in the medium you put them in, and when somebody steps on it, it splashes snow/sand/dirt on your visor. Its balanced too because it will only create a slight loss of vision like in metroid that will block the center of your view, but not everything. The non deadly effects will justify not being able to see the mine in the first place.

I demand an "AIDS Water Blaster"

Or a bucket of AIDS.

AIDS must make an appearance in this game in one form or another.

Like a kill message ...

"P1aGu3 throws a bucket of AIDS over Marweas" or something like that.

Instead of gens, we'll just have internet forums. When they go down the entire team will start to talk in caps and complain about it while doing nothing to fix it. So it's really just an aesthetic change.

t3forums.gif

Back