Tribes : Ascend

Status
Not open for further replies.
Which is kind of a shame, since there are a lot of great things about it. It is SO much faster paced then the normal tribes games, but still retains the same feel/core.

legions just has that massive scaling issue where u feel like ur shooting at gnats

but damn it fast as hell , i remember twisted demon capping and it was the fastest shit u will see, take it to the bank

I put up a monster post on the T:A boards outlining a system that lets HiRez stick to their misguided "class" strategy, but at the same time gives players the customization options to actually make the game awesome.

If anyone wants to check it out, here's the link:

Loadouts 2.0: Maximum Fun, Creativity, Competition, and CASH

Also, to keep the thread active and (hopefully) get HiRez to actually think about it, I'm having a little 'custom loadout contest' and will be gifting the full version of T:A to the winners.

Loadouts are seriously the least of my concerns. Honestly, why are so many people making such a fuss about it? There were only a handful of standard loadouts that everyone used in T1.

Loadouts are seriously the least of my concerns. Honestly, why are so many people making such a fuss about it? There were only a handful of standard loadouts that everyone used in T1.

i played disc chain rifle 99% of the time right.

i can't play that anymore, no matter how much i pay.

I can play disc + shitty + stupid nade or mine.

I can play rifle + shitty + stupid nade or mine.

If i could play Disc + rifle + shitty + stupid nade or mine i would be happy. Having to have two loadouts played by two different people to do the same thing one person used to be able to do is just awful.

There are many reasons, but I'll just list one:

Because the sniper comes with a pistol as it's second weapon.

If that's "seriously the least of your concerns", well, then we agree to disagree. But I still encourage you to read the thread and tell me if and why it's not a far better system than what is currently planned.

Loadouts 2.0: Maximum Fun, Creativity, Competition, and CASH

The people at pax gave them positive feedback, you're all wrong!

Hah, I love the shit that comes out of HiRez's mouths. It makes me wonder if they are intellectually dishonest or just completely incompetent.

And let me know if you get a chance to read the thread and want to be a judge.

Edit: The first two posts cover the system and items, the 'contest' post is on page 6.

Last edited:
i played disc chain rifle 99% of the time right
This is the problem with Fool's (or whoever's) assertion that disk+2 offers more loadout possibilities than the current 2 weapons. There are disk+2 loadouts that are sufficiently versatile that you will only need to purchase a small number of them (possibly 1, or 1 per armor type) to feel effective in a wide range of situations. Which means less rice for HiRez employees.

Last edited:
I'd rather they just sell weapons and vehicle licenses ala carte. Loadouts have just as much ability, (more in my opinion) to be P2win as ala carte weapons. Hi-rez makes a loadout that is better suited to a necessary role, bam its pay2win.

New video, it wont embed..
Tribes Ascend Video Game, PAX 2011: Capture The Flag Walkthrough (Cam) HD | Video Clip | Game Trailers & Videos | GameTrailers.com

My thoughts... he says its a big map but its not big at all and the OOB grid is right behind teh base. Also everyone is disc jumping infront off themselves... i thougt you were supposed to do it behind.
This guy doesnt have a clue about half the things he's saying... and if that is supposed to be a big map.. *sigh*
Not adding a spinfusor to every loadout if the biggest mistake that HiRez is making and i hope they'll take their stupid "lets please the CoD crowd" ideas up their collective asses.

Last edited:
Here's my biggest complaint. HiRez is focusing on making Tribes Ascend into a "class-based" shooter. This actually makes a lot of sense, seeing as how 'classes' have implicitly arisen just out of the Tribes gameplay itself in the form of roles that people play. The big ones that come to mind are Capper, HO, LD, HD/HoF, and Farmer, as well as a myriad of less important roles.

So my biggest question is why are all of the classes that are in this game so ambiguous? The obvious classes are RIGHT FUCKING THERE! What the fuck am I supposed to do with a medium that has an arx buster and a pistol and a sensor jammer pack? On top of that, the class is named "Scrambler", as if that's somehow indicative of what I'm supposed to use it for?

It would make about a million times more sense if they had a loadout called "Light Defense 1", and then optional loadouts called "Light Defense 2" and "Light Defense 3" that I could earn or purchase. And of course I'm not really complaining about the names, as they could call those classes whatever the fuck RPG words they want as long as the roles of the classes were clear. But they fucking aren't.

Sigh.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back