UK House of Lords call for immedate regulation of loot boxes as gambling

on one hand i want to ignore amodeus along with the other tw pedos. on the other hand i can't help but wonder if his transparency is not a valuable window into the pedo mind.

Its a gacha game strategy, which is a type of Japanese vending machine that delivers prizes in an opaque plastic ball.

I recently watched a you tube video of a guy who admitted to spending 600 bucks to get a certain character skin, to play an otherwise ftp game online. He had to continually open loot boxes to get the drop.

I crafted a legendary on a game during the Covid shut down, and there appeared to be a gearing of mechanics toward spending money to make the process go a little faster. The game appeared to be all but shut down in other areas that people would refer to as "the game" to focus on micro-transactions and loot boxing.

This explains the gacha mechanics a little.

YouTube

Here is Giga's video on how he spent the money.

YouTube

Last edited:
Also, I'm from the UK and I have absolutely no idea what a fucking loot box is.

Oh, and in before predictable cropped quote :rolleyes:

This is how you explain it to a brit -

Mitch - it's like an in-game fruit machine that takes currency and hands out in game items

This is how you explain it to a brit -

Mitch - it's like an in-game fruit machine that takes currency and hands out in game items

Ah OK got it. Yeah I pumped far too much money into fruit machines when I was a teenager and now my son spends too much money on in-app stuff, sounds like those things need banning. At least he only buys stuff on the PS so I get an SMS pinging on my phone if he buys something without asking.

Loot wat

I dunno what those are

But gambling is bad. And selling gambling to kids is ostensibly worse. So uh yeah, sure, get rid of it. And get rid of the tranny kiddie diddlers who wanna use girls bathrooms while you're at it.

So virtual scratch-n-wins for kids? Except they fork over real money for fake shit?

Ah OK got it. Yeah I pumped far too much money into fruit machines when I was a teenager and now my son spends too much money on in-app stuff, sounds like those things need banning. At least he only buys stuff on the PS so I get an SMS pinging on my phone if he buys something without asking.

"I have no discipline, and therefore could not instill discipline in my offspring. Government, please parent for me."

:lol:

So you're genuinely ok with companies being allowed to profit from selling gambling to children?

How many ways would you like me to state it Amadunce. If our society was producing sound humans then this would not be an issue. Im tired of money being spent addressing societies symptoms rather than the root of the problem.

Last edited:
Back