Would you go to the middle east for a job?

In the part of the world known as "not America", everyone gets 4-6 weeks annual vacation. How is this even worth a mention?

And you won't get the job anyway because there are half a billion indians who are better at IT than you and will do it for half that.
Kill yourself midge. Don't underestimate an American in 'not America.'

Also I get 8 weeks of vacation, you?

A) If you work outside of the US, to maintain tax free status, you can not step foot on US soil for a year. That includes vacations. Most folks will have their wife/family meet them somewhere, like Singapore, Taiwan, etc for their two week vacation.

B) Chances are you will stay every single minute inside the compound. I spent 6 months in Kuwait, and was allowed to go to Kuwait City twice for work. You will go stir crazy.

In the part of the world known as "not America", everyone gets 4-6 weeks annual vacation. How is this even worth a mention?

And you won't get the job anyway because there are half a billion indians who are better at IT than you and will do it for half that.

Yeah, but they don't have U.S. military security clearance. Move along poo poo trucker

Kill yourself midge. Don't underestimate an American in 'not America.'

Also I get 8 weeks of vacation, you?

Which part of "everyone" are you struggling with? There are always exceptions. I get 5 weeks so pretty standard. What (proper) job gets 8 weeks in 'Murica?

6 weeks of vacation plus sick time that I can sell back if I want and a kick ass pension.

110 lol

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

i get 5 weeks of vacation (and can roll over up to 10 weeks of vacation a year) per year
plus 15 sick days a year
plus 11 holidays
3 personal days

pretty decent for usa really

If you are a US citizen you are not automatically taxed if you are living on a non-us soil. If you are away for a calendar year you can go tax free.

gj kittycuck accounting master

Foreign Earned Income Exclusion Bona Fide Residence Test | Internal Revenue Service

If you go to a foreign country to work on a particular construction job for a specified period of time, you ordinarily will not be regarded as a bona fide resident of that country even though you work there for 1 tax year or longer. The length of your stay and the nature of your job are only two of the factors to be considered in determining whether you meet the bona fide residence test.

if you are on a specific-length contract you probably won't be considered a bona fide resident. if your wife stays in the US it's probably even less likely. IANAA though

last i recall, a couple of rules for US expat taxes:

threshold of $400 (thats all!) and must file taxes on it
~330 days off of US soil
exemption of like $100k of your income when you file your taxes

my friends with ged's and some navy experience were getting 150k to fix FLiR

that sounds like what the mcdonalds ppl make over there

Back