TW Car Peeps

Yeah, for what i do on my toy, those won't work for me. I'm wanting something more like this:

0917NewMTP9C-039-400.png

i can understand that

all depends on the size of the rig and how high you want to go

i had no idea lifting a new F-250 extended cab would be such a scary deal with a legit lift at the shop the other day

i can understand that

all depends on the size of the rig and how high you want to go

i had no idea lifting a new F-250 extended cab would be such a scary deal with a legit lift at the shop the other day

Its not so much the size of the rig for me. I'm not getting down on a creeper unless i have to. Plus i think it would be a nice addition to the property and probably bump the overall property value up just a bit.

I do all of my own maintenance once the vehicle comes off warranty. I have done everything you can do to a motor vehicle from frame up resto to writing custom tunes for ecu's. I am currently working on a design to convert my 06 Dodge 3500 dually to diesel electric drive. I'm going to start with electric drives on the stock diffs but will eventually do 4 independent drive motors.

I'm using a Cummins B3.3 turbo engine coupled to a 20kw 250 volt DC generator. This set up should yield a vehicle that will travel 800 kms on 24-32 litres of diesel fuel. Roughly 60 - 75 miles per gallon.

Just about everything there is to do. I just don't do long block rebuilds. I can assemble everything but I leave the internal bits to the machine shops/experienced friends. I even do some paint.

I do as much as possible on both my cars mainly because I love working on them. Everything from brakes to tuning to suspension to fluids.

About the only thing I've taken a car to a shop for in the last 5 years was for my annual track checkup on the M3 to have my race guy inspect my seals and suspension for potential faults.

I've done everything. Engine swaps, teardowns, wiring standalones, etc. Don't have time for it any more and also I'm kinda sloppy sometimes just to get shit done. Now I pay pros.

Yall getting those cheap oil changes should at least supply your own oil and filter so you know what they are using. Most places will change it for $20 if you bring the oil and filter

everything, but I'm getting sick of doing it on the truck i drive daily

will happily fumblefuck my way through things on a project car every day though

Yall getting those cheap oil changes should at least supply your own oil and filter so you know what they are using. Most places will change it for $20 if you bring the oil and filter

I do my fluids on my fun car, but the dailies go to a quick lube place that offers the option between sealed containers or from the tank oil. So at least I know I'm getting decent synthetic when I see them open and pour the bottles.

my dad had his own frame machine in the garage

i miss living near him because he had basically a body shop at home

rrbRrOF.jpg

Sure is nice having a lift this winter. New calipers on the front and rebuilding the fronts to put on the rear. Might also install new steering arms that reduce bump steer and increase camber, but then I'd have to balance and align it again and that's a pita.

In fairness, I don't work on Mama's van or my Ram. I pay my techs for that shit. Nobody but me touches my German junk though.

rrbRrOF.jpg

Sure is nice having a lift this winter. New calipers on the front and rebuilding the fronts to put on the rear. Might also install new steering arms that reduce bump steer and increase camber, but then I'd have to balance and align it again and that's a pita.

Shared shop or your own? Looks good

Back