Syria is about natural gas

CapnPyro

Contributor
Veteran XX
Is The United States Going To Go To War With Syria Over A Natural Gas Pipeline? - Fox Nation
Qatar wants to install a puppet regime in Syria that will allow them to build a pipeline which will enable them to sell lots and lots of natural gas to Europe. Why is Saudi Arabia spending huge amounts of money to help the rebels and why has Saudi Prince Bandar bin Sultan been "jetting from covert command centers near the Syrian front lines to the Élysée Palace in Paris and the Kremlin in Moscow, seeking to undermine the Assad regime"? Well, it turns out that Saudi Arabia intends to install their own puppet government in Syria which will allow the Saudis to control the flow of energy through the region. On the other side, Russia very much prefers the Assad regime for a whole bunch of reasons. One of those reasons is that Assad is helping to block the flow of natural gas out of the Persian Gulf into Europe, thus ensuring higher profits for Gazprom (Russia's natural gas provider). Now the United States is getting directly involved in the conflict. If the U.S. is successful in getting rid of the Assad regime, it will be good for either the Saudis or Qatar (and possibly for both), and it will be really bad for Russia.

So as usual follow the money, there's nothing here to do with chemical weapons or innocent people dying. Russia provides 40% of the natural gas (which is heavily relied upon in europe for heating) to the EU, if Qatar or the Saudis can run a pipeline through Syria it'll drastically cut into Putin's strangle hold. Putin wants to keep Assad in power to keep the good times rolling for Gazprom, Qatar/Saudis/EU wants Assad out of power so they can run their pipeline and the US, well, the US doesn't know what the fuck it's doing.

More links
Why Russia is in Syria: Lawrence Solomon | Financial Post
Natural Gas: What the War in Syria is Really About
Or just google any combination of syria, gazprom, pipeline, natural gas

if it were ever about "the people" and "wmds" north korea wouldve been attacked well before iraq, afghanistan, syria, and whoever else.

The part I'm always confused on when countries try and find some trumped up charges to invade on, why can't England/the EU/the US just issue a statement that Putin and Assad are being giant assholes and we're going to make sure a pipeline is run through Syria to act in the interests of the rest of the world. I've never understood trying to misdirect everyone

The part I'm always confused on when countries try and find some trumped up charges to invade on, why can't England/the EU/the US just issue a statement that Putin and Assad are being giant assholes and we're going to make sure a pipeline is run through Syria to act in the interests of the rest of the world. I've never understood trying to misdirect everyone

'casus belli' has been going on since way before the romans invented latin :f

soldiers dont like being outright told that they're mercenaries, and the populace have this nasty habit of just not understanding the need for certain people to make money

edit:

Proschema (plural proschemata) is the Greek equivalent term. The stated reasons may or may not be the actual reason for waging the war (prophasis, πρóφασις). The term was first popularized by Thucydides in his History of the Peloponnesian War, who identified fear, honor, and interest as the three primary real reasons that wars are waged, while proschemata commonly play up nationalism or fearmongering (as opposed to rational or reasonable fears).

heh heh heh heh even the greeks saw through it in their day

Last edited:

We want this place under our control as much as Russia wanted Georgia under theirs. The rest is just fabricating reasons and justifications that don't make you into the bad guy for doing something you are already planning to do.

Because the US taxpayers are paying for the war as well as US soldiers dying for the war and getting nothing for it. Would we, the taxpayers and soldiers (US citizens), see the returns on that pipeline? Nope. You can sure as hell bet the higher ups in the government/military would somehow though.

:shrug:

Last edited:
...about natural gas!

:lol: :lol: :lol:

whew... for who?

saupload_natgas_1.jpg

Cause we are assholes too and would do the same thing given the chance cause people get blinded by greed when it is near enough to taste?

...about natural gas!

:lol: :lol: :lol:

whew... for who?

saupload_natgas_1.jpg
You realize (probably not) that there are more countries then just the US out there?
That gas pipeline is meant for the EU. It even says so in the very first post of this thread.

You goddamn imbecile.

I'm still calling bullshit but hey, whatever floats your boat.

It is fox, they've never been known for letting facts get in the way of speculation.

you do know what an opinion piece is right?

The first word in the article title ought to clue you in.

You realize (probably not) that there are more countries then just the US out there?
That gas pipeline is meant for the EU. It even says so in the very first post of this thread.

You goddamn imbecile.

geopolitics is pretty simple to some americans, usually the kind who say they want to visit 'europe'

or the people who think that the EU is one big federal country (already)

I'm still calling bullshit but hey, whatever floats your boat.

It is fox, they've never been known for letting facts get in the way of speculation.

you do know what an opinion piece is right?

The first word in the article title ought to clue you in.

while i agree 100% about the necessity of looking @ the source/outlet when making this sort of value judgement, it's not the be all and end all

it's not exactly a massive fucking scoop on the part of some bright spark on the editorial/op-ed staff @ fox

this is so widely fucking known as to be thoroughly depressing and downright obvious

Back