[(#)SOCCER] The Official 2010-2011 Soccer Thread

Barca has the biggest wage bill of any soccer team in the world.

If they're paying their players, don't you also think they're paying their refs?

Proof is in the pudding. Bogus reds for Van Persie and Pepe = handed Barca a spot in the CL finals on a platter. The CL is a fixed competition. UEFA made sure that MANURE and Barca would both go through.

Last edited:
How is it, that through all of this, Dani Alves isn't getting penalized?

It's as if they're conding the behavior by not punishing him.

They can punish 2 real madrid players (referring to the knockout stages of this years champs league) for accumulating a yellow card purposely, they had to miss 2 games or some shit, and this guy gets nothing? Get the fuck out of here.

end of page re-post

The footballing law that governs the act falls under Law 12 of the basic category of 'fouls and misconduct' as is further sub categorized into 'careless, reckless, using excessive force'..

“Reckless” means that the player has acted with complete disregard to the danger to, or consequences for, his opponent. A player who plays in a reckless manner must be cautioned.

“Using excessive force” means that the player has far exceeded the necessary use of force and is in danger of injuring his opponent.. A player who uses excessive force must be sent off.

El Clasico, Real Madrid Vs. FC Barcelona: The Rule suggests Pepe was rightfully red-carded and Jose Mourinho needs to revisit school! - Barca Blaugranes

It was a harsh red. It was a dirty, dirty game. The ref was well within his margin of error on the calls. I'm surprised he didn't start carding people sooner for diving.

barca were cunts. pedro, alves, and busquets especially

rm was too but to a lesser extent

the entire match was a farce

xavi's quote about football winning is surprisingly moronic coming from him

Never have I seen some of the best payed people in the world act like complete idiots, without any regard for how they appear to the outside world.

It is really more a sign of just how out of touch the players are today.

Never have I seen some of the best payed people in the world act like complete idiots, without any regard for how they appear to the outside world.

It is really more a sign of just how out of touch the players are today.

I'm guessing you don't watch the NFL or the NBA

Spaniards don't play soccer. They just tap dance and dive for 90 minutes.

If you want real football, you need to watch the BPL, where savages like Lee Cattermole and Nigel de Jong are free to roam in their natural habitat.

Yes, the Dutch league features great wing play and an abundance of African Speed.

Ligue One is also highly entertaining. Much better than the "soccer" they play in Spain.

Heck, even Portugal is better than La Liga. Porto could beat any team in La Liga easily.

Back