NGFM, clean your computer intake filter

or you could just disconnect the fans from the MB fan headers while blowing it out :shrug:

me, i just take it outside, turn the compressor on, blow the fans until they are going 20000 rpm, give no fucks, works every time.

Well I kind of did the opposite and enjoyed seeing those fans spinning while vacuuming.

Very naughty. PC abuse

There's no goddamn reason to spin the fans, you're blowing the cooler fins out, not the fan. :ftard: Use the nozzle of the blow gun to keep the fan from spinning while you blow.
L7efebs.gif

Clean your filters Robert.

i've spun fan a million tiems and never had issues but in theory it's prob not smrt ya best 2 avoid

Last edited:
Yes, I will. I'll unplug the power supply when cleaning the cases. My main machine has not died from blowing air and spinning up the fans. Need to back up my machines as well, which involves cloning the C and storage drive to the extra drives in the case.

Last edited:
Yes, I will. I'll unplug the power supply when cleaning the cases. My main machine has not died from blowing air and spinning up the fans. Need to back up my machines as well, which involves cloning the C and storage drive to the extra drives in the case.

TLDR. Post needs a YouTube clip.

I still haven't bought an rtx yet. Been saying I would since before pandemic. Right now Ark is only game that would benefit. So no rush.

I still haven't bought an rtx yet. Been saying I would since before pandemic. Right now Ark is only game that would benefit. So no rush.
Exactly. I've been playing GTA V. Looks and plays great on the new machine but what I built is overkill for that game. Most of the time I'm playing it on the Steamdeck. Building the new machine and getting my Steamdeck set up was a hobby. Cleaned my intake filter on both machines and backed them up.

Heatsink, no water. Tech has improved to the point that a good heatsink and fans will remove more heat than All in One water coolers.
That's not true, but they are great. People think water cooling automatically means a faster, better machine. For 99.9% of the population, air cooling is just fine and they would see no benefit whatsoever to water.

Water cooling is just a way to move the heat from the CPU to a huge radiator on top of the machine that has 3 fans blowing. Air cooling caught up by making the heat sink huge and putting a fan on each side. The ambient temperature of the room plays a big part in cooling. Once you move that heat out of the computer, the air needs to be circulated. I have a ceiling fan on low, 2 AC vents, and a return to the air handler. The newer machines speed up the fans when the temperature rises. When I was playing Doom, they would crank up. With GTA V it's not an issue.

Last edited:
For decades computers have been adjusting fan speed based off of temperature. This isn't remotely new and it happens for both air and water cooling. It has nothing to do with what game you're playing. It has to do with the demand on the GPU/CPU (power draw), and therefore the heat they build up needs to shed.

p.s. And the ambient temperature in the room barely affects your cooling. After reading what you just said, I'm not going to explain the physics why, but trust that it's true. You don't need some ultra-cooled space to properly pull heat (cool) a system.

Last edited:
That's not true, but they are great. People think water cooling automatically means a faster, better machine. For 99.9% of the population, air cooling is just fine and they would see no benefit whatsoever to water.

Yep, although IceGiant's copper cooler should outperform most AIO's.

Our server room has it's own dedicated AC unit with a backup system. Heat does bad things to computers, but isn't usually a problem for consumer gear. Running the AC on kill more is about keeping the room cool with a 900 watt heater going. Some hardcore gamers are even running a grow tent and exhaust for their system to keep the room cooler.

Back