[LOST] They were fucking dead all along ...

A lot of people seem to have a problem with the concept of the "purgatory" having no real sense of time, assuming that the only way all of them could be together in that place at the same time is if they all died in the crash, or when the nuke went off, etc.

But as Jack's father tells him, some of them died before him, some died long after.

Lets see, writers make for a TV show where every episode leads into the next, focusing on suspense and mystery but without writing the show from the beginning. And this results in a convoluted plot with numerous pointless dead ends and finishes with a masturbatory philosophical ending? Call me shocked. I called THAT from day 1.

I'll tell you what's convoluted: your post. WTF are you trying to say?

the only time they were "dead the whole time" is in the alternate reality which began in season 6 after the nuke went off

edit: if you read sepinwalls final lost review, he pretty much calls this thread happening. theres a spectrum of the type of people who watch lost: on one end theres the people who care about the characters 100% and only want to see their interactions. on the other end, theres the people who only care about the islands mysteries and symbols and backstory. most people fall somewhere in the middle. the final episode made people on the character end happy since it was a good ending, but since they didnt explain much mythology the people on the other end were pissed (aka kiint and this thread). the people in the middle appreciate how good the episode was at face value since it tied up all the characters, but missed alot of the mysteries.

edit edit: http://www.hitfix.com/blogs/whats-alan-watching/posts/lost-the-end-see-you-in-the-other-life-brother

Last edited:
btw on this REAL island there lives a monster of smoke and a room with light that controls whether that monster is mortal or not. People can be made immortal by some dude whose job it is to protect the island though he's not really sure why it's his job. A donkey wheel, when spun, shoots people to the desert and also sends the island rocketing through time/space. Said donkey wheel was created by the man in black and his explanation for understand how to bend space and time with a donkey wheel was that he was special. There is one lady whom for some reason knows where the island will be at a given time and she seems to be the only person in the world with this knowledge.

seems pretty reasonable to me!

Why does mass emit the force we call Gravity? Characters in Lost study the properties of the island, but do not understand everything. How would the audience know any more than they do?

why did jacob's brother turn into a smoke monster when he went down the hole, but desmond (and then jack) were fine? I could see someone theorizing that desmond's resistance to electro magnetism (which was never explained btw) was somehow relevant, but jack at that point was the same as jacob / his brother were when he got tossed down the well.

Last edited:
sawyer.jpg

ps: after reading way too much stuff about lost and not having it answered (but im not pissed like kiint), i can answer most of the questions based off of what has been in previous episodes, just ask and ill take a stab

Back