Guess who's working at Red 5 studios

Wow. Ok. Let me answer a few questions...

Yes. I work at Red 5 Studios.

Red 5 Studios is a new game development studio working on a brand new MMO game of it's own creation.

I was hired last week to be the Community Manager for the project.

I can't give out any info on the game yet, but rest assured as soon as I can, you will all be informed promptly.

I'm not sure who hosts the site, but I will find out. If there's one thing I do know how to do it's how to make a site handle traffic on a budget. :)

Thank you for the support. I'm extremely excited about what we're putting together and I can't wait to share it.

Very cool. I was guessing you were in charge of something along those lines, provided what we know about you.

It's going to be a fantasy based MMO isn't it?

A quote from a recent interview...

There's a certain expectation that you guys, at the very least, are working on a fantasy MMO project. Is that a fair characterization of what's going on right now? Are you still resisting classification, or..?

MK: Well, we've said before that ... we're not trying to be a sequel to WoW. Even though [we've] got some heritage there with the studio, you should recognize that we've got a lot of talented people from a lot of different game studios and a lot of different reputations. And we're not exactly interested in recreating the experience of our former heritage.

I think that we're very interested in what types of new online experiences we can bring to the gamer. And yet, at this point -- kind of saving it for the announcement -- we're not categorizing it in any particular way.

Gamasutra - News - Interview: Red 5's Stealthy Plans, Upcoming MMO

if it does replace WoW, colosus will be the admin of alot of stupid nerds....he is one of the few qualified to handle that kind of responsibility

Wow. Ok. Let me answer a few questions...

Yes. I work at Red 5 Studios.

Red 5 Studios is a new game development studio working on a brand new MMO game of it's own creation.

I was hired last week to be the Community Manager for the project.

I can't give out any info on the game yet, but rest assured as soon as I can, you will all be informed promptly.

I'm not sure who hosts the site, but I will find out. If there's one thing I do know how to do it's how to make a site handle traffic on a budget. :)

Thank you for the support. I'm extremely excited about what we're putting together and I can't wait to share it.

Now answer my question!

Are you commuting from San Diego, or have you moved up into my neck of the woods?

Now answer my question!

Are you commuting from San Diego, or have you moved up into my neck of the woods?

I moved up to Irvine. I no longer live in Strega's house. Yes, he did cry as I walked away. He's kind of a woman like that.

I moved up to Irvine. I no longer live in Strega's house. Yes, he did cry as I walked away. He's kind of a woman like that.

Do they have a general idea of when they are going to make the "announcement".

Will we as Tribes players at all be interested in this game?

There is a general idea of when, but I can't divulge that obviously. And I think a lot of people here will be interested in the game.

marweas once said I should apply for a community-manager type position at some mmo studio in boston (years ago)

:lol: what a disaster that would have been

I think I could probably spit on you from where I'm sitting if it weren't for my cubicle walls and building walls.

And that massive iron gate separating you from the real world. (I drive by the campus everyday going to work).

who knows, it might have been schilling's game studio - then you could have gotten tickets to see your beloved red sox :lol:

Back