I'm considering immigrating to New Zealand

P Masta Flex

Contributor
Veteran X
not immediately, but within the next 3-4 years. tell me I'm crazy, but this shit makes sense. My reasons are as follows, pick a subject and tear them to shreds for me. I require criticisms.

Why would they want accept us?
I'm a first generation American, my family is British, dont know if this counts for anything but I'm of their people so to speak. I have some extended family there. Medic and a Teacher, honorable professions in their eyes from what I read. I'll probably be 29 by the time this comes to fruition so we're in the right age range. Essentially in a country of only 4.x million we'd be useful. this helps.

my medical career
I'm going to shift my school plans to suit, incase I go through with it. I wanted to get my Paramedic Critical Care cert anyways (to go flight), but by doing this I'll put myself in a good position to receive paramedic reciprocity in NZ. Their EMS system is a big step above ours and seems to be everything I want out of my working life. Their paramedics are almost completely autonomous, are permitted to utilize many more of the skills that I actually have, and essentially it raises my glass ceiling as it were. They have 2 levels above our version of a critical care paramedic the last being a Emergency Care Practitioner. the ECP is the dream job I never knew I wanted. I've been debating medical school all year as I want to be "where the buck stops" so to speak, but I love EMS. This fits my desires perfectly, and if you love what you do, you never work a day in your life.

If I get my NREMT-P/CC I'll be able to transfer my skills to their system with minimal retraining, and the best thing about it over there is it's not about what class you sat through, its about what you are capable of. Outstanding for me because my abilities far surpass my credentials. It's an experience and skill based progression. And they pay fairly and have a strong appropriate union. This is fucking fantastic.

Wife's teaching career
Our educational system is fucked up and seems continually headed in the wrong direction. she makes a shit salary for her level of education. The schools push all the wrong things (testing testing testing), and dont let teachers actually teach. NZ seems to be a much better place to be a public employee, their schools seem better, the (and she wouldn't say this) kids will be better, the culture seems to care more. I think she'd be much happier there.

Lifestyle
the work / life balance over there by all accounts is better. People seem ridiculously friendly, even the people I've been talking to online. The general society seems more enjoyable, healthier, and it just seems to be a better place. It's the kind of place I'd like my future children to grow up in. A place where you can ski in the morning and surf in the evening. it's beautiful, and it's a very outdoorsy culture. That's all me. There's little to no pollution, the life expectancy is longer. People seem far more social, life is less stressful by all accounts. There is SPACE there.

Politics/Laws
There system seems to work well, I've been looking into the political situation and it seems acceptable to me. They seem to follow to common sense more than most. It's not a big brother nanny state, not a winner takes all libertarian ideal, it seems to be a good compromise.

I'm not ready to bail on the US just yet, we're going to move back to CO hopefully this summer and I have to get my ducks in a row first but when I get a crazy idea I tend to follow through with them.

Last edited:
Very few nigs, abos and/or other shitskins down there from what I hear. That makes for a working society. Non-Whites fuck everything up.

why dont you and your family just stream over the border and have a few babies and then protest in the streets for their government to redistribute the countries wealth?

Thats the way its done here

I might even get to meet this guy
maorib.jpg

I'm gonna start saving for a long vacation over there next year and see if it lives up to the hype

Last edited:
You should PM drake on here, as he's from NZ and would probably answer some of your questions.

I know that it's a beautiful country with few niggers, no mexicans, and few muslims.

The only downside that I know of is the internet. You're going to have to deal with a 20-50gb cap unless you want to pay out the ass.

edit- also be prepared to drive 45 mins+ to work every day.

u will fail b/c kiwis are racist and hate white people so u will never find a job

sry homey :(

it's 77% white european, with the rest being natives and asians

If I were to pick a second ethinic group that I wouldn't mind having around it would be asians.

so another win for NZ

I'm not racist, as in I dont hate people for the way they look or where they are from, but I generally judge cultures by how they act.

Last edited:
I have a good few Kiwi friends here, and most Kiwis i've met are very cool people, but then I keep asking them if NZ is so fucking magical, why are they here in Dubai? The stock answer always revolves around employment opportunities.

And camel / sheep. Same result as long as you have something to stand on.

Back