Fuck Bitches, Get Married? [either/or]

Reno

Contributor
Veteran XX
TW, last time I had a similar dilemma I went against your advice, realized it was a mistake, and then corrected the situation. I can't promise I'll listen this time either, but hey, maybe.

SO

I'm dating this chick. She's pretty cool and my friends like her for the most part. She's a couple years older than I am, and she's in to the same stuff I am (skiing, bikes, generic mountain stuff), though not to the same level (she's slow). I'm pretty sure she'll love me to death forever, as she's the most severe clinger I've ever encountered. Things are pretty serious and the plan is for her to move in with me in a month and a half.

Now, concerns. She has some health issues (nothing major, though it seems only one girl I've ever really been involved with has been totally free of any medical issues - seriously, wtf is wrong with chicks?). She has lots of debt, mostly student loans but several grand in assorted medical and credit card debt. And she has a tendency to be pretty down on things and almost always sees the negative side. There are some other annoyances that are fairly minor and not fairly relevant, as I'm pretty sure everyone has them.

I'm 27, 28 in a few months, attractive, Got The Graduate Degree (TM), good job, etc. I thought I was pretty solid on the idea of her moving in, which would almost certainly lead to us getting married (and in fact she's already hassling me about it, which bothers me since we've only been together for like 4 months - this is part of the clinger issue but separate, she can barely stand the thought of a night apart let alone a couple week trip to Alaska, which is another issue) but I'm having concerns as of late. I want to get married and have kids and all that (and her family will be in the area so there will be free babysitting which is a major bonus for impromptu ski days in a few years), but lately I just want to go sarge some HB10 hipster chicks.

So what do I do, TW? I need your advice and personal stories. Do I get more deeply involved? Do I cut and run and go sarge some HB10s? I'm going to be busy but I'll still try to get back to this thread a couple times a day.

Thanks bros.

I was originally going to post a smartass answer cuz your lame ass didn't add cliffs, but then I actually read the OP.

So I'll skip the smartass answer then, and ask if you're just a fucking retard, or a masochist, or have zero experience with women, or what?

Just going by the chick's description you gave, you'll hate her within a year, will cheat on her within two, and be stuck with her (and your kids) for the next 18 years as she calls you to whine about her life and press you for more money.

Get a fuckin grip, dude.

Last edited:
if it's to the point where it's semi-reasonable for you to get the input of tw on whether or not it's a good idea to get married, you're probably not ready to get married

TW, last time I had a similar dilemma I went against your advice, realized it was a mistake, and then corrected the situation. I can't promise I'll listen this time either, but hey, maybe.

SO

I'm dating this chick. She's pretty cool and my friends like her for the most part. She's a couple years older than I am, and she's in to the same stuff I am (skiing, bikes, generic mountain stuff), though not to the same level (she's slow). I'm pretty sure she'll love me to death forever, as she's the most severe clinger I've ever encountered. Things are pretty serious and the plan is for her to move in with me in a month and a half.

Now, concerns. She has some health issues (nothing major, though it seems only one girl I've ever really been involved with has been totally free of any medical issues - seriously, wtf is wrong with chicks?). She has lots of debt, mostly student loans but several grand in assorted medical and credit card debt. And she has a tendency to be pretty down on things and almost always sees the negative side. There are some other annoyances that are fairly minor and not fairly relevant, as I'm pretty sure everyone has them.

I'm 27, 28 in a few months, attractive, Got The Graduate Degree (TM), good job, etc. I thought I was pretty solid on the idea of her moving in, which would almost certainly lead to us getting married (and in fact she's already hassling me about it, which bothers me since we've only been together for like 4 months - this is part of the clinger issue but separate, she can barely stand the thought of a night apart let alone a couple week trip to Alaska, which is another issue) but I'm having concerns as of late. I want to get married and have kids and all that (and her family will be in the area so there will be free babysitting which is a major bonus for impromptu ski days in a few years), but lately I just want to go sarge some HB10 hipster chicks.

So what do I do, TW? I need your advice and personal stories. Do I get more deeply involved? Do I cut and run and go sarge some HB10s? I'm going to be busy but I'll still try to get back to this thread a couple times a day.

Thanks bros.

I would say no... and it sounds like you're going to do what you want anyway. But always sees the negative in things? Talking about marriage after 4 months? Clingy?

Marry her? Fuck no. Run the fuck away, quick.

Oh, and those "minor annoyances" will grow in severity on her part, and will grow to annoy you tenfold.

It's why I say even if I just started dating a girl and there is something that kind of bothers me about her, I know it wont last years, because whatever it is will wear me down.

SO

Thanks bros.
No.
Don't be an asshole.
You'll awaken from a 30 year coma to find you're married to Frankenstein.

I would say no... and it sounds like you're going to do what you want anyway. But always sees the negative in things? Talking about marriage after 4 months? Clingy?

Marry her? Fuck no. Run the fuck away, quick.

Yeah I gotta say I don't really see the positive side of letting this one move in with you, unless it's the whole idea of her being so obsessed with you that you never have to worry about her leaving?

From the title I was expecting a general discussion on getting married vs staying single and having sex with random females, and I was going to give some positives of getting married. But unless you're only posting the negative things about her and there are a lot of positive ones too, get the fuck out of this one.

you-gonna-get-raped.jpg

Just going by the chick's description you gave, you'll hate her within a year, will cheat on her within two, and be stuck with her (and your kids) for the next 18 years as she calls you to whine about her life and press you for more money.

Get a fuckin grip, dude.

THIS

Reno, why don't you list the positive things regarding getting married to this girl? I assure you that list will be quite short.

For God's sake don't let her move in. Men and women living together make babies (and then you are doomed).

My gf is 7 years younger then me. Doesn't really have a lot of money but she works and has no debt. No health issues. Loves the fuck out of my cock and we've been together for over a year. Not living together. Try to emulate something like this and you might find it bit more upbeat. She sounds like a real downer dude. What is she like smoking hot or something?

Back